Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't update Asphalt 8 on Kindle
04-01-2014, 06:50 PM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
Can't update Asphalt 8 on Kindle
Is there any Kindle user out here playing Asphalt 8?

I have recently bought a Kindle Fire HDX 8.9". One of my favorite games on it is a race car game called Asphalt 8. A few days ago on March 26 or 27, there was a new update. Every time I launched the game, it would give me the option to "not now" or "update". When I clicked "update", it took me to Amazon appstore on the Asphalt 8 page. On the app page, it only had "open" the game option. I don't see any "update" button to hit. If I hit "open", it would just take me back to the game with "not now" or "update" all over again. Basically it is sending me in circles with no option to update the game at all.

Without updating the game, it wouldn't let me play the multiplay part of the game. I have looked all over the places for a solution. Aside a few comments under Asphalt 8 in Amazon appstore had mentioned the same update problem, there is no one standing out to say how to fix it. Google search "Asphalt 8 update problem" was also fruitless. I have asked on Amazon official forum with no good answer either.

Now I am asking this question everywhere hoping to get lucky on finding a solution. Does anyone here know how to update Asphalt 8 on Kindle Fire HDX?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 10:08 PM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
RE: Can't update Asphalt 8 on Kindle
What you have encountered is a common problem. I do not know why it won't just update, but the following instructions had worked for me.

Just uninstall the game from the Kindle and re-download it from the appstore.

Go to
Settings -> Applications -> Manage all Applications
Find Asphalt 8 and uninstall it from there.

Then go to appstore and find Asphalt 8 to download it again. You will have to download over 1GB of files after the game is installed and opened for the first time just like the first time you installed it.

Now there comes the most important part. When the game is finally installed, it will ask you to choose between the local profile or the profile saved on the Amazon cloud. Choose Amazon Cloud if you wish to keep all the cars you have already bought. Otherwise you will have to start fresh.
04-02-2014, 02:01 PM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
RE: Can't update Asphalt 8 on Kindle
I followed your instructions. It worked great. Thanks a bunch, buddy! I was so frustrated that I couldn't play online against real human players any more.
As the matter of fact, I thought of uninstall the game and get it again from the appstore, but I wasn't sure if I might lose all the cars I have earned. It would be a big loss if I had to start from the beginning with that silly D class car. Never thought of the cloud actually has a copy of my profile. Big Grin

Asphalt 8 is such a great game. I hope they do not ruin their reputation with silly little things like this update issue. Many players out there still do not know how to update and they still can't play online.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Can I read ebooks from Amazon without a Kindle? Ram 3 3,165 06-09-2014, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Francy