LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Heartless teenager steals and kills pet parrot.
06-06-2014, 08:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2014, 08:24 AM by Happyflowerlady.)
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
Heartless teenager steals and kills pet parrot.
This terrible killing just breaks my heart ! This parrot was like a family member to the man who owned the bird, a beautiful and inelligent African Grey parrot.
Every day, when the weather was nice, he would set the parrots cage just outside the door where it could enjoy the sunshine.
This week, he came home to find both the parrot and the cage gone. After searching frantically, and asking all of the neighbors, he finally found the cage out in nearby woods. Lying not far away was his beloved parrot, dead and mutilated.
A local teenage boy has been arrested for this unspeakable killing; but nothing will ever be the same again for the sad owner whose parrot was so ruthlessly killed for no reason.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/06/05/...the-woods/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2016, 07:46 PM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
RE: Heartless teenager steals and kills pet parrot.
I really hope the teenage got what he deserved. In such case, it is both theft of property and abuse of animals.

As a matter of fact, I have seen a video somewhere about a similar incident. A men killed a parrot by pulling out the feathers before drowned him. His reason for the killing? The bird bit him.

He was also bragging about how expensive the bird was, and he did not care. I did not really watch the whole thing as I couldn't continue. I got most of it by reading the comments. Most comments were calling him sick. Nobody believed him owning the bird in the first place even though he claimed so. People all think he had stolen the bird.

What's more? He made the video himself and uploaded it to the internet as if it was some kind of accomplishment. I could not even kill a chicken even if I tried, let alone a much smarter pet parrot. There are just some really sick people out there with twisted "fun" in mind.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-22-2016, 11:28 PM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
It is terrible how inhumane some people can be. Sometimes, we might need to kill an animal in order to protect ourself, or a family member, such as if a dog attacked a person; but to just choose to ruthlessly kill an animal is a terrible thing, and shows a definitely disturbed brain on the part of the killer.
Even chickens are very intelligent, although not as smart as parrots; but they are able to understand a lot more than people give them credit for.

Even worse than the mentally disturbed person who kills an animal, in my opinion, are the people who use dogs for pit-fighting, knowing that the dogs will tear each other to shreds.
With these people, it is not that they are on drugs or mentally unbalanced for some reason, they do it for the money and the pleasure at watching the dogs kill each other. They don't just do it once, they do it all of the time.
These dog-fighters steal people's pets to use as "bait dogs" to train their fighting dog to kill, and after the fights, they just dump the lifeless and battered bodies of the dead dogs out in the woods somewhere.
Sometimes, it seems to me that man's cruelty has no bounds, and it is hard to understand how a human can have so little compasion for animals.
06-26-2016, 03:21 AM,
remnant Offline

Threads: 72
According to the broken windows theory, if small crimes are tolerated in a society, bigger and more serious crimes manifest proportionately. People don't realize that societies with high rates of homicide usually have less compassion for their animals, at least as far as the perpetrators are concerned. If there is any compassion, it would be towards an end. One of the best strategies to have conscientious people who care for their animals is to train or show them how to be compassionate to animals from a young age. I usually recoil at the sight of parents watching passively as their tots practice martial and corporal skills on adoring pets and think that its a harmless pastime which is just the beginning of this sadistic tendency to afflict animals. But I wonder, whats the legality of these animal fights? Such statutes that legalise such activities are grotesque and good willing citizens should fight for their abolition. Animal rights activists also stand accused for becoming a silent minority which further worsens the issue of animal torture.
06-26-2016, 10:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-26-2016, 10:57 PM by pwarbi.)
pwarbi Offline

Threads: 0
Sadly it seems as if there's more and more cases like this appearing in the press, and people, especially teens, don't seem to value the cost of an animals life anymore for some reason. I think that this mentality as manifested itself in recent years as because when I was growing up I don't remember hearing about stories such as this. I don't know whats happened to society in recent years but it seems that crimes, and that's what they are, crimes, are tolerated more than they ever was, and we seem to have to many liberals that are willing to forgive crimes like this or punish them with a hug and blame their upbringing.
Where I live in the UK, a few months ago a teenager set fire to the local dogs home killing around 30 in the fire and injuring dozens more. Now you can't tell me that he didn't know that what he was doing wasn't right, but yet we had social services coming out saying he was only doing it as a cry for attention. Cry for attention or not, anybody that commits such a barbaric act as that deserves to be punished just like anybody else, because even though this might be going a bit too far, what this teenager as done in this case is get away with murdering 30 dogs and if one of those was my dog, that's exactly what I'd want him done for...murder.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on the first parrot? Gatiabre 3 983 12-30-2020, 10:12 PM
Last Post: PaulReidG
  Do pet birds get avian flu like chickens do ? Happyflowerlady 2 3,216 06-14-2016, 06:09 PM
Last Post: remnant
  Would you keep am owl for a pet? remnant 0 1,735 06-12-2016, 06:49 PM
  Do you bath your pet birds? Thor 14 8,840 06-04-2016, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Novelangel
  Raising a baby Parrot BellaVida 5 3,919 05-20-2016, 04:12 AM
  Parrot's wings AnnaU93 2 2,474 02-02-2014, 09:58 PM
Last Post: BirdPoo
  Have you tried to hand feed your pet birds? Thor 1 4,891 01-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Ram
Question Pet Bird Flying Around the House? mariposa 6 24,384 08-14-2013, 09:56 AM
Last Post: SueA555
  Possible purchase of parrot Libragirl67 4 3,111 08-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Last Post: SueA555
  African Gray Parrot writer811 7 3,889 02-07-2013, 07:16 AM
Last Post: jenb128
  Parrot singing rock song laurasav 0 3,293 12-08-2012, 12:11 AM
Last Post: laurasav
  Dealing with a bratty parrot laurasav 1 2,291 07-22-2012, 04:19 AM
Last Post: laurasav
  Where is the best place to get a pet bird? Ram 2 5,536 07-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Last Post: foxgeorge57
  A talking Eclectus Parrot laurasav 4 3,714 07-03-2012, 03:44 AM