Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
assassin snails vs. adult apple snails
07-08-2014, 05:05 PM,
rlbaize Offline
Registered

Threads: 1
assassin snails vs. adult apple snails
I have a pond snail overpopulation problem. From what I've been reading, I should buy me some assassin snails and sink some zucchini to help eliminate a lot of the issue. I have two huge, awesome apple snails and a bamboo shrimp in my 29g tall tank. Will the assassin snails harm them?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2014, 12:59 AM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
RE: assassin snails vs. adult apple snails
Assassin snails will not be able to catch the shrimps for sure. The shrimps are way too fast for them. As for your apple snails, it depends on how huge they really are. My zebra nerite snails were huge compare to the assassin snails, and they were all fine even after the pond snails were completely wiped out.

By the way, have you seen the article about pest snail control in our library section?☺ To deal with this problem, you need to first cut back on feeding. The pest snail boom is a result of too much leftover fish food. Combined with physically removal and assassin snails, you should be able to have the pond snail population under control in no time.

Good luck!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply