LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Poodle Warts"
07-21-2014, 01:58 PM,
JudyCap Offline

Threads: 3
"Poodle Warts"
I have a small dog, she is min pin/chiauha mix. Over a year ago, I noticed a lump on her back, it looked like a small growth, or what I call Poodle Warts. It seems like poodles get the warty like things on them alot = thus that is why I call them that.

About a week ago, I noticed that the hair around her "wart" looked like it had been disturbed. I looked at it, and saw it had a fresh scab on it. I scraped it with my finger nail, it started draining blood and puss. I got a paper towel and gently squeezed it to get the gunk out. Then I put peroxide on it, then bag balm. It drained a bit more for a day, then started drying up. Now you can't even tell there was anything there.

A day or so after I had originally discovered something was going on with her "wart" I was talking to a friend who brings his dog to the neighbors while he goes to work. I told him about it, he said he was the one that picked at it, that it was a wood tick or what he thought was. Well unless the tick was dead, and imbedded into her skin, it wasnt a wood tick. It had been there over a year, and hadn't gotten any bigger.

Has anyone ever had a tick get on their dog, then die, but get imbedded? It is just plain wierd.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2014, 11:24 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
RE: "Poodle Warts"
I have had my dogs get ticks on them occasionally; but I usually find them while they are still alive, and get them out. I have never heard of one dying and embedding itself into the dogs skin before. Since you saw it soon after she got the "Poodle wart", I think that you would have noticed if it were a tick, Judy; and then you would have been able to remove it right away.
My guess was that it somehow got infected during the time she had it on there, and maybe even got a tick or something similar in it just recently, if the neighbor actually found a tick in there.
I have had Poodles for years, and never in my life have I seen one with a Poodle Wart. Or, at least, if I did; I didn't know what it was, or call it by such an interesting name !
07-28-2014, 01:41 AM,
JudyCap Offline

Threads: 3
RE: "Poodle Warts"
It is just me that calls them poodle warts. I have seen them on poodles, it is just a little cyst or growth. I don't know what they are really called.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Our poodle has a cataract but no vet to perform surgery maxen57 3 2,058 05-11-2016, 09:42 PM
Last Post: maxen57