LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any similar streaming service better than Netflix?
04-26-2012, 01:10 PM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
Any similar streaming service better than Netflix?
Is there any better than netflix movie streaming service out there?

I have been using netflix.com for years to watch movies and TV series. Although I used to get DVDs in mail as well, I prefer to be able to watch any movie at any time by streaming. Netflix is far from perfect in my opinion. While they claim there are over 20,000 movies, many of them are not available for streaming from time to time. Yes, they would have certain movie available for streaming today, then it is no longer available tomorrow. It is a pain. Their movie collection is also not the latest. There is a long way to be able to watch the new release out there.

There are a few other similar services out there now.
Has anyone used both netflix and other steaming services?

How do they compare with netflix.com?

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2012, 11:01 AM,
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
RE: Any similar streaming service better than Netflix?
There is hulu, but I don't like it as much. It is aimed more at TV, and seems to mostly have the last 3-6 episodes of the popular TV shows, at least in America. I am not really much of a "TV series" guy, so I found it silly. Plus. most of what they have I already can get through the local cable companies On Demand services.
Find all posts by this user
05-12-2012, 08:26 PM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
Why would they have just the last 3~6 episodes of TV shows? If it is up to me, I'd rather show the first a few episodes than the last a few. Views get lost easy with no clue what is going on if they are only shown the final episodes. Anyway, it is pointless if they don't show the whole show.

I wish there will be a service to provide every last one of the movie and TV shows ever made on the planet earth for streaming. With a much easier to use library.
05-17-2012, 11:39 AM,
The CatDog Offline

Threads: 11
Thats the thing, the networks are trying to hang on to an old model and the rest of the world is passing them by. With Hulu it's up to the providers to allow episodes to be shown and how long there going to be on there for. It's very annoying as you would think that with more people to view your programming would be a good thing.
Find all posts by this user
07-02-2013, 06:04 PM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247

Amazon Prime
has pretty good reviews. They have a 30-day free trial. There is nothing to lose to give it a try.