Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy Dog Lady
11-04-2014, 02:30 PM,
tropicalmaya Offline
Registered

Threads: 1
Crazy Dog Lady
Hi all, I'm Maria and I live in Honduras, Central America.

I've always had dogs, and I have a tendency to pick up street dogs, and feed other people's dogs.

Right now I have three dogs, a Great Dane, which my son gave me. I don't believe in buying dogs. Zeus is a 2-year-old sweetheart, but he's eating me out of house and home.

Paco, a rescue from the center of our little town. He didn't have much hair when I picked him up, but it wasn't mange because he wasn't scratching. I guess anyway. After a few baths it just started growing back. He's beautiful now a year later.

Misha, another more recent rescue I took straight to the vet because she was scratching, and old and very thin. Unfortunately, she was also pregnant, so now we have three beautiful very fat two-week old puppies. It took her 23 hours to have them. Misha is very annoying, she's always stealing food from the counter, and plastic bags are never safe. She eats like it's going out of style.

Other people's dogs:

Blue Eyes belongs to the neighbors, but he doesn't stay home or at my house either. He loves roaming around town, but he does jump in the car every time he sees us, and comes over for a meal. He also comes when he's hurt from some dogfight. I bathe and deworm him, but he just won't stay. He's the restaurant dog. He goes to restaurants and just sits by tables waiting for a morsel. It's a wonder he hasn't been poisoned. It might be because he's pretty with the long white hair and blue eyes.

Olivia, I call her "Tremenda" or tremendous, because she's just a ball of energy. She belongs to the same folks as Blue Eyes, but she sure does like my house. Apparently her owners do take care of her, she's only had one litter of puppies in about three years. She's calming down with age.

Then there's the skinny black female I feed in town. She belongs to a guard from the park, but he doesn't seem to take care of her. She's so skinny she throws up when I feed her, every single time. I haven't seen her in about a week, and am starting to worry.

My son came over last weekend and they were all here, which is why he started calling me the "Crazy Dog Lady."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dog and a Cat lover! Shihtzufan 1 2,088 07-24-2015, 06:51 PM
Last Post: SodiumMethylate
  Cat Lady FunkyMonkey 0 1,694 10-25-2014, 09:36 PM
Last Post: FunkyMonkey
  Bird and cat lady saying hi! jenb128 4 2,929 06-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Karenskatz
  Dog Lover Here haopee 1 1,867 06-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Ram