LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The beast of burden
06-30-2016, 02:45 AM,
remnant Offline

Threads: 72
The beast of burden
Do people in your area keep donkeys? The donkey has since time immemorial been labelled as the beast of burden. In my area, its not uncommon to see rural residents moving around on carts towed by donkeys. This is a carry over from traditional society when mechanization was limited. The other issue is that they don't need much maintenance since they are hardy animals. The poignant issue is that donkeys remain the most oppressed and unsung animals. Its common to see them pulling heavily laden carts full of agricultural produce or stones. I come from an agricultural zone and these hapless animals can be seen panting heavily carrying huge loads of napier grass. They are mercilessly whipped and frequently suffer injuries from the beatings. They are rarely taken to the vet. Even feeding is not adequate since they are mostly fed on grass. I supposethere are better ways of treating these benefactors. I think humans are grossly capable of crossing the barrier of brutality. The onlooker is as guilty as the perpetrator.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The beast of burden - by remnant - 06-30-2016, 02:45 AM
RE: The beast of burden - by Corzhens - 06-30-2016, 11:17 PM
RE: The beast of burden - by Happyflowerlady - 10-06-2016, 12:29 AM
RE: The beast of burden - by Gemma23426 - 01-14-2018, 02:42 PM