LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching over
08-05-2016, 10:12 PM,
remnant Offline

Threads: 72
Switching over
It comes a time when a pet keeper decides to increase his or her range of pets, in other words, diversifies from one group of pets to another. Depending on their financial wherewithal, to be able to sustain the new pets. It also entails learning an entirely new skill set in pet keeping and ability to cope with new needs and experiences. It gets tricky when one is transiting from dogs to birds which are entirely different. Some people decide to switch over after undergoing negative experiences with a pet like predatory instincts and cannibalism on fellow pets in the case of birds or aggressiveness against vulnerable or weaker pets in the case of dogs. I have done the switch over in the past but only for commercial reasons. I usually treat even livestock at home as pets so I do understand the mechanics of the transition. Its usually a sad affair especially if the animal concerned is going to the slaughter house. I suppose, various individuals here have done a similar thing. What were your reasons? How did you cope?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Switching over - by remnant - 08-05-2016, 10:12 PM
RE: Switching over - by CatCuddler57 - 08-23-2016, 05:07 PM
RE: Switching over - by Novelangel - 08-26-2016, 05:54 AM
RE: Switching over - by maxen57 - 08-26-2016, 01:41 PM
RE: Switching over - by Happyflowerlady - 08-27-2016, 01:51 AM