LoginRegister

Poll: Should Dolphins be considered a Non-Human Person ?
Dolphins are little people with fins !
Dolphins are wonderful, but just an animal.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphins are going to be given special " Non-human Person" status
08-12-2013, 12:18 PM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
Dolphins are going to be given special " Non-human Person" status
Here is a quote from an interesting article that I was just now reading about dolphins, suggesting that since they are so intelligent, and so socially developed, that they should be considered as a non-human species of person .
Say what ?

I am totally in favor of all creatures being treated humanely by people, and no animal should be abused, or treated cruelly, but I do not believe that we should be giving them basically human status. They would have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, just like a human ? Rights to be married next maybe, so we will soon be seeing dolphin wedding ceremonies, and then paternity suits ?
Read this article quote, and see what you think :

The Ministry notes increasing worldwide efforts to bestow basic rights onto dolphins, such as the rights to life, liberty and bodily integrity. “Various scientists… have suggested that the unusually high intelligence… means that dolphins should be seen as “nonhuman persons” and as such should have their own specific rights… (it is) morally unacceptable to keep them for captive entertainment purposes.”
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Dolphins are going to be given special " Non-human Person" status - by Happyflowerlady - 08-12-2013, 12:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can pets read human emotions? Ram 64 30,694 05-12-2016, 09:44 AM
Last Post: heavymetalkilos
  When the aliens see a human walking a dog in the park Ram 5 3,441 06-16-2013, 01:05 AM
Last Post: ReneLeBeau