LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your thoughts on Sea World?
08-20-2013, 05:20 PM,
alycat32 Offline

Threads: 2
What are your thoughts on Sea World?
I thought this went best in off topic since it's not about pets, but if this is the wrong section I apologize upfront. I'm curious to know how, as animal lovers, you all feel about places like Sea World.

Let me start off by saying I've always really loved aquariums. To me, Sea World is like a dream come true. I get very seasick, so this is the only place I'd ever see a dolphin or whale withought stepping foot on a rocking boat. I could stand in front of the dolphins tank for hours, just watching.

That being said, I'm older now and have a different perception of what's really going on. I've been living in Washington state for a few years now. A state known for Orca sightings. There is an Orca network here dedicated to keeping the whales safe. After reading their posts, hearing about the protests at Sea World and the trainers dying, I'm not so sure it's as wonderful as it always seems on the surface when you watch the whale jumping show. I guess it's the same with Circuses that still use lions and elephants. They were magical growing up, but now we know better.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What are your thoughts on Sea World? - by alycat32 - 08-20-2013, 05:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  T20 World Cup 2016 Schedule nomibucha 0 1,605 03-03-2016, 03:02 PM
Last Post: nomibucha
  end of the world? amanda509 6 3,607 08-03-2012, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Thor