• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 year old Jack Russell suddenly cowering and hiding
09-03-2013, 08:50 PM,
Bumbleski Offline
Registered

Threads: 1
1 year old Jack Russell suddenly cowering and hiding
Hi everyone,

I am new to this so please bare with me. I have a one yr old Jack Russell who is normally lively, fun loving, v. energetic, and independent. However, all this changed overnight.

She now follows me everywhere, even to the bathroom. She alternates between needing to be as close to me as possible, even sleeping on my head (not the nicest experience) Or cowering under the bed, which takes ages to coax her out. She wakes up cowering and barking like mad. She almost hyperventilated last night. Nothing has changed inside the flat but it's like she doesn't want to be there. She keeps leading me to the front door or hides on my balcony so she's not actually inside. She is fine when out on walks but as soon as she gets back again it starts all over again. It is so out of character that I am really worried. She was spayed a few months ago but there were no complications. She's eating normally but is going at her chews like mad. It's normally a sign of anxiety in her but I can't work out why. As I said there have been no changes to her routine, the flat or food. She normally plays non-stop all day but will only do it for a short while before she freaks out and climbs on my lap again.

A few months after I got her I became seriously and I know she picks up on it. She will come and curl up on the part of me that hurts and just lay quietly on days when I am really suffering. The thing is I have been much better for a few months than previous. Surely if it were related to this it would've happened sooner. I am not the person who takes her out on walks but a good friend does who is just as worried as I am. He says that she's lively as ever when out and about.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We are together almost 24 hours a day so I know every little quirk she has and we have developed a way of communicating. She is normally able to show me what's bothering her but can't or won't this time.

Please help
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
1 year old Jack Russell suddenly cowering and hiding - by Bumbleski - 09-03-2013, 08:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone have a Jack Russell Terrier? TreeClimber 8 4,413 08-11-2014, 11:45 PM
Last Post: evelynmcgregor
  Dog is suddenly hesitant to jump Kteabc 2 10,349 08-10-2014, 10:58 PM
  How do you find where fleas are hiding? TreeClimber 10 8,941 07-20-2014, 03:29 AM
  6 year old dog has the energy of a puppy! Kteabc 2 3,021 06-30-2014, 02:06 AM
Last Post: JudyCap