LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collars and ID
02-26-2014, 11:28 PM,
The Aspertarian Offline

Threads: 2
Collars and ID
The other day I was walking my chihuahua and a beautiful, jet black pit came bounding into my yard. She was a skittish girl, but sweet.

The problem is, she had NO collar on at all so I had to call the manager of the park we live in and she called the pound. I hated doing that, but I live in a TINY trailer and there is no room for another dog. I haven't been here long enough to know who has what dog so I had no idea where she came from

I HATED sending her to the pound, but I was afraid that if she was left to roam she would get hit by a car (the park is just off of a busy thoroughfare) or someone would hurt her just because of her breed (there is a LOT of ignorance regarding pit bulls).

If she had had a collar on with an ID tag or even a rabies tag I would have had a good chance of tracking down her owner.

Please people! Even if your dog is in a yard - or even inside - please keep a collar and tag on him or her. You never know when your dog may escape for one reason or another. Having ID on your dog makes it easier for you to be united in the event something happens and separates you.

My chi is inside all the time and the only way he goes outside is when he is on his leash, but I still keep a collar and tags on him at all times.

He is also chipped, but who has a scanner? It is easier to just have a tag.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Collars and ID - by The Aspertarian - 02-26-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: Collars and ID - by millshre - 03-02-2014, 04:51 PM
RE: Collars and ID - by The Aspertarian - 03-02-2014, 10:26 PM
RE: Collars and ID - by janineaa - 03-04-2014, 04:33 AM
RE: Collars and ID - by TreeClimber - 03-04-2014, 05:15 AM
RE: Collars and ID - by The Aspertarian - 03-04-2014, 09:57 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cooling collars for your dog Pocs 11 4,516 09-02-2012, 10:03 PM