LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Behavior reaction to vaccinations?
03-06-2014, 12:34 PM,
TreeClimber Offline

Threads: 37
Behavior reaction to vaccinations?
My dog got her vaccinations last Thursday afternoon. She seemed fine until Sunday night. Then, she seemed to be kind of spooked by something and jumpy. This was worse Monday and Tuesday. Today, she was much more like herself.

She was on a sedative for her veterinary appointment. But, I've never noticed this reaction to the acepromazine the other times I've given it to her. Normally, she is a little tired the following day and back to her regular self two days after.

This was the first time she was on acepromazine while receiving her vaccinations. I'm wondering if perhaps the acepromazine and the vaccinations used together caused a slight reaction being in her body at the same time. Or, maybe as she was coming off the acepromazine she felt the affects of the vaccinations a little more in her system and it made her feel unsettled.

Has anyone ever noticed a behavior change in their dog a couple of days after getting vaccinations? She's fine now. Usually when she has one of these nervous, anxious days there is a specific reason like thunder or high winds. It doesn't come out of the blue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Behavior reaction to vaccinations? - by TreeClimber - 03-06-2014, 12:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I stop this behavior? JaimieSkye 10 4,123 12-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Last Post: FlanneryCam
  Adapting to your dogs needs and behavior TreeClimber 2 2,116 07-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Last Post: TreeClimber