LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you find where fleas are hiding?
05-07-2014, 01:36 PM,
TreeClimber Offline

Threads: 37
How do you find where fleas are hiding?
We are in a drought this year where I live. It is already proving to be a bad year for fleas even though it is only May and we've yet to hit the warmer summer months.

My sister is really having a problem with her dog and cat. Her cat never had fleas before. She is 17 years old. Yet, she's had them twice this year. She is an indoor cat. The dog has had them off and on since February despite using Advantage regularly. It used to work in the past, but for them, it seems the fleas are immune. They have spread nematodes in the backyard, which worked great for us, but doesn't seem to have worked for them. They also spread flea powder in the carpeting, to no avail.

I was wondering if there is a way to figure out where the fleas might be coming from? Well, except for the obvious, which is sitting around the house or yard until they jump on you. It's clear that somewhere on their property--indoors or outdoors--is infested with them. I was hoping someone had found some nifty way to root out where they live.

Thanks for any tips!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How do you find where fleas are hiding? - by TreeClimber - 05-07-2014, 01:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine Sol repels fleas, ticks, and other bugs Happyflowerlady 4 50,454 11-13-2015, 08:38 AM
Last Post: lexinonomous
  1 year old Jack Russell suddenly cowering and hiding Bumbleski 6 6,984 01-04-2014, 06:50 AM
Last Post: tierapatt50