LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you have any wild animals coming into your yard ?
06-03-2014, 11:17 PM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
Do you have any wild animals coming into your yard ?
More and more, we are seeing pictures, and hearing stories, of the wild creatures that are slowly moving into the towns and cities across the United States.
As we expand our homes further and further into the woodlands where the raccoons, opossums, deer, and bear live, the animals have to either move further into the forest, or they learn to integrate their lif into the suburbs of America. Sometimes, it is a combination of these two choices; but more and more often, we are seeing some of these creatures in our back yards.
My little Blue Heeler, Tootsie, has been barking at something out in the yard, and goees racing around the back of the house, when we let her out. The other night, she was barking into the tool shed. My husband thought maybe she had caught a prowler; so he took the big flashlight and went out to see.
To his surprise, there in the shed was an opossum, playing dead (of course), and Tootsie right there barking at the little guy.
We live in a fairly large city, but it is not unusual to see both opossums and racoons here, and one apartment complex reported an alligator in the apartment's lagoon area.
Who else has wild animals in their backyard ??

Here is a video of a bear enjoying a backyard hammock.
http://blog.petflow.com/i-put-up-a-hammo...ign=AZPost
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Do you have any wild animals coming into your yard ? - by Happyflowerlady - 06-03-2014, 11:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BLM is rounding up wild horses and killing them. Happyflowerlady 0 1,472 05-07-2014, 03:48 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady