LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breeds vs Mixes
08-22-2014, 02:21 AM,
lily_lover Offline

Threads: 4
Breeds vs Mixes
One of my friends has been talking about getting a Bengal cat. Similarly when I was at the shelter finding my cat, the workers were telling me how people preferred purebreds and often asked about Russian Blues and whatnot.

Haha I admit when I met my cat-to-be, I was pretty disappointed in how he looked. This was my first cat so I wanted a sleek elegant hunter, and he was a fat grumpy cat with old man whiskers and a really muddy coat. I tried to find a different cat and I spent 4 hours at the shelter sitting with other cats, but in the end, his personality won me over.

Why do people look for a specific breed? Purebreds, from what I understand, suffer more in-breeding and are more prone to medical conditions. A mix is more robust and while my cat wasn't the prettiest, I'm sure there are equally beautiful mixes out there with lovely personalities. Do people just not want to spend the time to actually get to know a cat before they adopt it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Breeds vs Mixes - by lily_lover - 08-22-2014, 02:21 AM
RE: Breeds vs Mixes - by helaofthenorns - 09-15-2014, 10:55 PM
RE: Breeds vs Mixes - by Happyflowerlady - 09-27-2014, 09:57 AM