LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peeing on Plastic
12-08-2014, 12:22 PM,
kfander Offline

Threads: 5
Peeing on Plastic
Nearly twenty years ago, I tried using plastic liners for my litter boxes. It seemed like it might be a good idea, and there were times when I could actually pick if up at the edges and dispose of it. More often though, they would have clawed through the bottom, pulled to corners in, and mixed the whole mess together in with the litter.

The worst part of it all was that I apparently trained my cats to pee on plastic. While I had no problems with that before, ever since then, the only two cats that I still have now, that I had then, will pee on any plastic that is left on the floor. And to them, a glossy magazine cover counts as plastic, I think.

They are sisters from the same litter. One of them is known for behavioral problems from time to time but her sister would never make a mess outside of the litter box, unless it's on plastic, and she never did that before the litter box liner experiment.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Peeing on Plastic - by kfander - 12-08-2014, 12:22 PM
RE: Peeing on Plastic - by Happyflowerlady - 12-12-2014, 07:49 AM
RE: Peeing on Plastic - by MindyT - 12-22-2014, 06:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cat That Chew on Plastic Ribbon 6 4,082 04-17-2015, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Shihtzufan