LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friendly Squirrels
07-12-2012, 12:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012, 12:33 AM by laurasav.)
laurasav Offline

Threads: 28
Friendly Squirrels
Sometimes a squirrel becomes a neighborhood pet. We had a couple when I was growing up. The one squirrel I remember best was a hugely fat squirrel that roamed around the neighborhood, going to various houses and begging for food.
My dad has befriended many squirrels and chipmunks over the years. He calls all of them "Charlie." They follow him around the yard and he gives them sunflower seeds. When he sits down, the chipmunks crawl up on his shoe and will sit with him.
I was reminded of this the other day when my husband said there was a squirrel at our doorwall knocking on the glass. It was the weirdest thing! When I came over to look at it, he was standing there looking in at our room, but took off when I got close to it. I wish I knew what was going through that little squirrel brain!!!
I've never befriended squirrels or chipmunks before like my dad has. I do feed raccoons though that have been coming to our home for many generations now. It's not a good idea to feed these creatures because of the destruction and havoc they can cause, besides often being carriers of rabies. But I love the ones we've had in our lives. I'm partial to one in particular, a crippled coon with an ear torn off. He's recently aquired a mate, so I'm just waiting for another generation of babies! Big Grin

Does anyone else have friendly wild animals in their neighborhoods?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Friendly Squirrels - by laurasav - 07-12-2012, 12:32 AM
RE: Friendly Squirrels - by Ram - 07-12-2012, 05:29 AM
RE: Friendly Squirrels - by TreeClimber - 07-12-2012, 01:37 PM
RE: Friendly Squirrels - by Monica9975 - 07-12-2012, 05:05 PM
RE: Friendly Squirrels - by andrew320 - 07-17-2012, 06:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Friendly Horse wattophotos 0 333 07-01-2022, 05:29 AM
Last Post: wattophotos