Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What antivirus protections do you use?
05-16-2015, 04:07 PM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
What antivirus protections do you use?
With all the viruses, worms, malware, spyware, rootkit, trojan, etc. out there, it is truly a dangerous time for ordinary computer users.

Some of the "keyloggers" can record every keystroke you make on your keyboard, and send the information back to the hackers. It is one of the ways the hackers use to obtain your personal information such as email password, bank account access, and credit card information.

Some malware can allow hackers to take control of your computer completely and acting as a bot for them to do their bidding without your knowledge.

Even less harmful viruses can slow down your computer and making it suffer performance problems to affect your normal operations on your computer.

It is highly recommended for everyone use some form of extra security protection on your computers.

My current set up Kaspersky Internet Security and Malwarebytes.

Kaspersky is the #1 in virus detection, and the Kaspersky Internet Security suite not only contains antivirus program, it also has software firewall which is far superior compare to the native firewall of Microsoft Windows. I have read it somewhere, some hackers who make viruses have said that it is the hardest to crack the defense of Kaspersky. Some independent tests used more than 100k viruses samples to test all of the major antivirus programs resulted in Kaspersky being on the top with 100% detection rate.

Malwarebytes is not an antivirus program, but it is specialized in detect malware and spyware. It can be used along side of any antivirus program on the same computer. I used to use the freebie version which only offer the on demand scanner without real time protection. Now I have upgraded to the paid version, the real time protection really works its wonder on blocking dangerous stuff when browsing around the internet.

The question is, what antivirus protections do you use on your computer?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What antivirus protections do you use? - by Ram - 05-16-2015, 04:07 PM