LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Celebrating poo poo in the potty!
08-08-2012, 01:28 AM,
laurasav Offline

Threads: 28
Celebrating poo poo in the potty!
We have just recently changed the litter box area to the small furnace room. Our house is on a slab so there was no basement to put them in, and there wasn't room for them in either bathroom. They were being kept in a spare bedroom, which I hated doing! So after a weekend of work, getting the furnace room dry walled, a ceiling put in and flooring put down over the cement, we moved the litter boxes to the new location and hoped for the best.
The two pure breds took to the new location fine. But as we'd feared, the DSH, the cat that hates any kind of change or upheaval to his world, was scared to death of the new room and refused to go in. I finally coaxed him inside with treats, but he'd just grab them and run out. He would stand crying at the closed door to his original litter box room.

After an entire day of this, I picked him up the next afternoon and carried him into the furnace room. I held him tight and spoke softly to him while he clung to me in desperation. Finally he relaxed and started looking around, even smelling things within reach of his head. Then I put him down and spent time away in another room. When I came back, he had taken a big poop in one litter box! I was so EXCITED! He got lots of praise, more treats and petting! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Celebrating poo poo in the potty! - by laurasav - 08-08-2012, 01:28 AM
RE: Celebrating poo poo in the potty! - by ACSAPA - 08-21-2012, 01:06 PM