LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A hide really?
08-13-2012, 04:07 AM,
Pocs Offline

Threads: 24
A hide really?
Recently while shopping for a new dinning room set the salesman was showing us around to all the options and stopped at a simple round table with four chairs covered with what looked at a distance like leather. Upon closer examination, you could tell it wasn't leather covered at all. Before I could say anything he spoke up, I guess from seeing the puzzled look on my face, " you'll never find a better Naugahyde anywhere" was his comment. I've heard it before, but this time it got me thinking. How can you refer to a hide from something that is simulated.

Doesn't hide refer to animal skin that has been tanned and prepared for a covering, a supply or for some use. Hide does come from some sort of animal, right? Where does this Nauga live? Does it roam with the buffalos, play with the deer or bunk down with the Sasquatch to go unseen? How do they obtain the hide?

Do the Naugas live in the world of the unicorn? A magical mystical beast that only that only lives in our mind and if so, how on earth did they get their hide for those chairs?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A hide really? - by Pocs - 08-13-2012, 04:07 AM
RE: A hide really? - by sandooch - 09-20-2012, 03:21 PM
RE: A hide really? - by Fishbone - 09-28-2012, 12:02 PM
RE: A hide really? - by Msmonkeyfeet - 10-01-2012, 08:24 AM
RE: A hide really? - by nick87 - 10-01-2012, 10:08 AM