LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Rabbit - the escape artist.
09-12-2012, 06:00 PM,
Julie Offline

Threads: 8
My Rabbit - the escape artist.
I've spent time completely rabbit-proofing the small salon where I sit to read, write and work. It is the best room for the rabbit - she has my companionship most of the time and there is not too much clutter.

The final thing that I made was a gate for the doorway - so that she could see into the kitchen/diner when I was in there and interract safely with the dogs.

I rabbit-proofed the cables and made sure everything was safe for her. Yesterday evening I sat on the sofa reading. I had left the gate to her "compound" open - she tentatively came out and went back in again a few times. She had a little snooze inside - then came out and ventured forth a wee bit before returning "home".

She did this a few times over the course of an hour or so - a little bolder each time. She sat at the gate looking out at the dogs - and again later whilst I was making a cup of tea. She sat quite happily at the gate watching.

This morning, after seeing to the animals' needs, I sat down at the kitchen table to eat my breakfast. Nadine, the rabbit, was confidently exploring the salon. She came to the gate a couple of times and shared sniffs with the dogs.

Then one of the dogs started whining and kind of walking backwards. I soothed him. But then he did it again. He was whining at the slightly ajar door to my bedroom - which is right next to the door to tha salon. I looked in the bedroom - and there was Nadine on my pillow!

The gate to the salon was still closed, none of the sections were broken or wires bent (not that she could bend them - I can't). there were no gaps - no way of escape that I could see.

But at least I know that the dogs are just a little bit scared of her / in awe of her !

So, tonight, with the dogs in another room, I shall read quietly in my rocking chair in the kitchen/diner, in full view of Nadine and watch in the hope that she'll give her escape route away.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
My Rabbit - the escape artist. - by Julie - 09-12-2012, 06:00 PM
RE: My Rabbit - the escape artist. - by 4sweed - 02-14-2013, 10:59 AM
RE: My Rabbit - the escape artist. - by Writer E - 08-17-2013, 02:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Train a rabbit to use a litter box? Ram 10 8,074 11-13-2015, 02:51 AM
Last Post: CRM31
  Have you every heard of a lionhead rabbit? Francy 6 4,466 12-12-2014, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady
  How big of a hutch does the average rabbit need? A0130 3 2,750 01-23-2014, 03:53 AM
Last Post: DomDom
  My rabbit the fussy eater. Julie 1 4,741 03-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Yatte
  Size of rabbit's feet Julie 0 4,327 09-25-2012, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Julie
  Rabbit Health Guide Onyx 4 3,182 07-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Last Post: purplecapricorn