LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mama of two.
03-07-2012, 07:56 AM,
OriJas Offline

Threads: 3
Mama of two.
Heya there, I've always sucked at these introduction thingies, but I'll try my best. Um, this is actually the forth pet forum I'm now a member of, if I'd count the amount of hours I spend in Yahoo Answers's Dog Section though, it'd be fifth. So I guess that pretty much explains I'm a dog Mama.

A little about me, (gosh I hate this part, can I just skip to my babies? Lol.) My name is Amy, but PLEASE call me Ames instead, or you can call me by my screen name if it's easier to remember...I just hate my name. I live in Australia, but US-born. However I moved here years ago and so yes, I do have the dreaded Aussie accent. I'm 26. Technically 25, but I don't think a few weeks off my birthday matters.

I'm a bit of an "old soul" so don't be surprised if most times I sound a lot older than I am, I've always been like that, as I was raised that way. I have the tendency to give my age a year older even months before my next birthday, it's a thing with me I guess...I wish to be more of the age I feel, rather than the one I am.

I also can be a bit flighty at times, so if I disappear and then suddenly come back, allow me to apologize in advance. I'm not anti-social or anything, but I tend to freeze up and get shy even behind a computer screen, so there might be times I'll lurk and just feel like I have nothing to contribute...or too intimidated to.

I like to see myself as a friendly peace-keeper, but I DO have times that if I'm passionate about something I'll happily voice my opinion but I'll always try to be as respectful as I can about it. I don't like getting into arguments, but I will always protect my beliefs if I believe it's right. But it's rare, and someone has to be incredibly grinding my nerves in order for me to get to that point.

Ahem, anyway...my dogs.

I have two Golden Retrievers, a girl and boy. My eldest is Ori, who is 3 years old, turning 4 in November. It's pronounced Or-ree as in Oreo. You wouldn't believe how many times I have to correct my vet when it's pronounced incorrectly! Usually "Or-I" or "Orry". It's a pet-peeve of mine I think. No pun intended. He's my sweet boy and I believe in some weird way, my furry soul-mate but that's hard to explain. He came into my life right when I needed him the most, and he's been my rock since.

Ori is a beautiful boy, and completely the opposite of his younger sister. He loves to laze around the house no matter the weather, unless of course there's someone other than mommy around to shower him with attention. Of course, he hasn't a clue how much this upsets mommy, because he still insists on jumping around on his back legs and doesn't seem to be at all concerned about the damage it does to his already dysplastic hips. He's terrified of the "oven monster" which he frequently bolts from whenever the door is opened, but his brains are as smart as the color of the fur mommy finds on and in almost everything. Which includes mommy's food, bed, towels, and anything else retaining static grip, excluding the flying strays amongst the air and the non-carpeted floorings, which mommy finds enough furballs to possibly build a whole new litter - maybe two.

[Image: w0oza1.jpg]

My young girl is Jasmine, who is a 15-month-old English Cream. She was born exactly 7 days before Ori's 2nd birthday, and she too was a miracle. The day I placed a hold on her, I learned the horrors of puppy scams the HARD way. She comes from the same breeder as Ori did, only different lineage. Soon after Ori came home as a puppy, I ridiculously lost their contact information only to find it the morning said "puppy scam" puppy was supposed to be paid for and arrive...I didn't know this at the time however, and we realized JUST in time what I'd paid for and stopped transaction immediately. I was distraught, of course until I remembered I found Ori's breeders phone number that morning, and called them in tears. By some miracle, they told me that had a litter due in three weeks and they promptly put my name down for her. I have also not misplaced their contact details again! The day she came home, however sadly I was informed that some b-tard of a neighbor shot and killed Ori's mother only the day before.Sad It is those times I'm grateful my babies don't understand such cruelties in the world and cannot experience such grief.

But I digress.

Jasmine is a gorgeous "wild child". A living, breathing, barking tornado 23 hours a day, 7 days a week. She loves nothing more but running, jumping, chewing, running and jumping again, and thank goodness her hips are in pristine condition, because there is nothing she loves more than to scare the daylights out of mommy already with the things she chews on.

While most lovable "fur-kids" adore tearing stuffed toys, clothing, shoes, and the occasional stick and furniture, Jasmine prefers to take it to extreme bravery levels and somehow manages to find the danger-zones. Which usually include torn aluminum soda cans, plastic, (usually her water buckets) metal plates with still-attached (though loosely) nuts and bolts, and even managed to chew her "cone of shame" to pieces whilst recovering from her spaying operation. Whilst in doing that, she also managed to open the laundry cupboard and ingest around 250oz of washing powder. Certainly was not a fun weekend for mommy!

[Image: wh4w5.jpg]

They have their quirks, but I love them dearly, and it's returned. Even if their antics do almost drive me to drink sometimes, I couldn't have asked for a better pair of friends to spend my sometimes very scary world with. They have saved me more times than I could ever thank them for.

[Image: 1enfkh.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Mama of two. - by OriJas - 03-07-2012, 07:56 AM
RE: Mama of two. - by Ram - 03-07-2012, 08:15 AM
RE: Mama of two. - by OriJas - 03-07-2012, 08:40 AM
RE: Mama of two. - by Thor - 03-07-2012, 09:03 AM
RE: Mama of two. - by bw - 03-07-2012, 07:44 PM
RE: Mama of two. - by OriJas - 03-07-2012, 08:54 PM
RE: Mama of two. - by bw - 03-08-2012, 07:45 AM
RE: Mama of two. - by Onyx - 03-12-2012, 03:23 AM