LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DO you take your pets anywhere other than the vet and the groomers?
05-24-2016, 12:17 PM,
maxen57 Offline

Threads: 15
DO you take your pets anywhere other than the vet and the groomers?
Last May 7th, there was an event at the capital of Manila in Fort Bonifacio held that I wanted so much to go to but couldn't. It was an official attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the largest dog walk of a single breed. It was exclusive for Shih Tzus. Coincidentally, Clio is a Shih Tzu and that day was also my birthday (I just turned 32). I would've taken her but other than the expenses, I think it would be awkward because I've already had Clio's fur shaved off because of tick infestation. She might be the only Shih Tzu there sporting very short fur. Plus, the fact that she has an infestation, she might affect the other dogs there. I'm just saving up for a flea collar. It's really expensive but it's a necessity for her now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2016, 05:08 PM,
Corzhens Offline

Threads: 50
RE: DO you take your pets anywhere other than the vet and the groomers?
I think Shih Tsu is the most popular breed there is in the country. And you are right, it's not good to parade your shih tzu without the trade mark coat of that breed.

We usually go to dog shows and events when we had 2 housemaid. We bring along our 2 dogs who are used to mingling with a crowd. However, we have only 1 housemaid now and it would be difficult for her to handle 2 dogs. Aside from dog shows, we also bring along our dogs to vacation trips as far as Baguio City which is 6 hours away from Metro Manila.
05-25-2016, 06:28 AM,
filmjunkie08 Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
Oh, you bet! I own a Bichon Frise who loves to ride in the car. It doesn't matter where we go, as long as he gets to go. We go Half Price Books (that allows pets) and he likes to ride when I take my son to and from school. I am not exactly sure what he gets out of riding in the car as he doesn't hang his head out of the window like most dogs do. I have noticed, however, that he likes to stand in the middle of the seat and watch the cars go by.
05-28-2016, 06:59 AM,
Novelangel Offline

Threads: 4
My cat is a good car rider and we used to take her with us pretty much everywhere we went when she was younger. Unfortunately, as she's gotten older, (she's three now) she's become more and more of a house cat and no longer enjoys going outside so much. When we took her on car rides previously, however, she thought of the car as part of her home, and didn't like to leave her 'home' when we arrived at our destination. I would pack her into her travel carrier and she would just cry and cry until she got inside the building and she could come out of the box again. I just left the box open while she was in the car and allowed her to wander the interior. She was allowed to go everywhere inside the car except the two places she really wanted to be... on the dash and beneath the driver's feet. Keeping her out of those two locations was a full time job and she dedicated the entire ride to figuring out different ways to fool us so she could go to one of those forbidden places and sleep. We leave her home these days but that means that we never stay away overnight as she is an only cat and we don't want her getting too lonely.
05-28-2016, 10:12 PM,
remnant Offline

Threads: 72
Cats seem to be independent pets unlike dogs which are left wallowing in sadness on being left alone. Cats seem like they experience mood swings, I mean, they can be unpredictable. This moment, they are rubbing their bodies over your legs, the next moment, you are an unwelcome guest especially if they have marked a prey to pounce on and then you happen to pass by. Kittens are the most vulnerable when left alone and most amenable to be taken out. They really enjoy the rendezvous and keep the owner busy by their unceasing but gentle clawing. We used to have an African variegated cat but left him by mistake and he had to fend for himself. He survived for quite a long time, testimony of the fact that unlike dogs, cats have not shorn off their wild instincts and don't appreciate the fuss and hassle of being taken out.
05-29-2016, 06:57 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
When Chipper was younger, I used to take him with me everywhere. As you can see in my avatar, he even had his own little doggie car seat to ride in, and he liked being able to see out when he was in his seat.
He loved going along with me to the bank because they always fussed over him and gave him a doggie biscuit treat. He actually was not that impressed with the biscuit; but he loved the attention.
The place that he really, really LOVED to go to was Burger King ! !
I always got him his own kiddie burger and fed it to him a bite at a time, and he just loved that treat !
He could smell when we were getting close, and by the time we reached the drive through window, he would be up on my seat with his cute little face sticking out the window and squeaking to tell the cashier that he wanted his hamburger.

Now that he is older, we also live in a larger city, and it is not as safe to take a dog along; so he does not go with me as often.
Sometimes, when i am going to go yard-saling nearby, then I take him along because I can always see him safe in the car and watching me out the open window.
Other than that, I would not take him unless I thought it was safe, or we were just going for a walk.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to take good care of heeler pets Howard simth 8 3,716 06-25-2022, 05:45 AM
Last Post: feezi
  Who else watches Vet Ranch? maxen57 1 1,670 10-22-2021, 06:16 PM
Last Post: campellob
  Pets as stress relievers Corzhens 8 3,299 11-28-2020, 07:24 AM
Last Post: EmmaWilliam
  Pets grooming & nutrition advice for teacup puppies, white German shepherd & more harrysimon 0 679 11-18-2020, 07:49 PM
Last Post: harrysimon
  Camping and hiking with your pets? gi_joy 2 2,646 09-12-2020, 10:53 PM
Last Post: AdrianLewis
  7 Ways Pets Can Help With Mental Health Issues Hales 0 1,048 03-07-2020, 04:03 AM
Last Post: Hales
  What do veterinarians do with the dead pets? Ram 19 35,777 01-14-2018, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Gemma23426
  Cases of dangerous pets remnant 6 3,662 03-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Rayonel25
  The challenges of keeping turtles as pets remnant 2 2,409 08-02-2016, 03:27 AM
Last Post: Novelangel
  Vicioius pets Corzhens 3 2,546 07-08-2016, 03:31 AM
Last Post: Novelangel
  Do pets know they are your favorite? Corzhens 3 2,617 07-01-2016, 01:28 PM
Last Post: CatCuddler57
  Rivalry in pets remnant 4 2,831 06-29-2016, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Corzhens
  Crippled pets remnant 2 2,574 06-29-2016, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Corzhens
  Pets undergo torture remnant 2 2,342 06-21-2016, 04:14 AM
Last Post: CatCuddler57
  What do you do with extra pets? remnant 1 2,027 06-19-2016, 06:49 AM