LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fumigating the kennels
08-11-2016, 03:30 PM,
remnant Offline

Threads: 72
Fumigating the kennels
Most dog owners usually groom their dogs regularly but forget to fumigate their dwelling places. The fact remains that most parasites and disease carriers that attach themselves to the dog's coat lay theirs eggs on the floor and the beddings. So if they are intercepted here on a regular basis before they have a chance to grow, the better. Various chemical substances can be used to achieve this one of them being a powder used in our country called Mortein Doom which is very effective on insects. There is also the possibility of going organic with neem plant powder which also has bacteriocidal properties. I am not completely sure about the effectiveness of slaked lime but I consider it antibacterial due to its high pH. Do you fumigate your dog's kennels?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2016, 10:06 PM,
Corzhens Offline

Threads: 50
RE: Fumigating the kennels
We have no kennels here but we have one dog kept in a cage. During Saturday when it is our dogs' bathing day, we clean the cage with soap and water. Liquid dish washing soap is very effective against germs and microbes that may be inhabiting the cage. And the rinsing is with the use of a garden hose so the water can reach the innermost part of the cage. If we have a kennel, maybe that's what we are going to do - clean it with liquid dish washing soap. I don't want to use fumigating sprays because it might harm the dog. Our pug who is kept in the cage will bite on anything so it is a risk to use a chemical other than liquid dish washing soap.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply