LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tortietude?
07-25-2014, 10:26 AM,
Devichan Offline

Threads: 1
Tortietude?
Has anyone else heard of this? Supposedly tortoiseshell cats have this utter aloofness. They're supposed to be more independent than most cats and less reliant on human attention. They're even allegedly more likely to be opinionated than other cats, higher-strung, and more likely to "freak out" at routine changes.

Two of my five are torties. They're littermates and apparently full sisters, although of course with cats it's difficult to tell when the parentage is unclear on the sire's side. (Knowing multiple fathers can be represented in the same litter really complicates things!) If tortietude is a thing, they don't have it. Oh, they're a little skittish, but no more than my tuxedo female. More importantly, they are the loviest cats ever. One of them will happy greet strangers and start grooming them within an hour of meeting. The other is shyer, but not the shyest cat I've ever had. When she likes you, she jumps up on your shoulders.

Anyone else with torties? It tortietude a real thing and my cats are just exceptions, or is it a big myth?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply