LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAW Diet
09-23-2013, 10:28 PM,
intothebleach Offline

Threads: 5
RAW Diet
Has anyone tried their dogs on the RAW diet? Before I moved, my dogs would have minced chicken or beef and also various bones as well. I found that their coats were alot better and that they had more energy as well. Also it was far more cost effective, for £12 I could fill my freezer and it would feed them for a month. There is a new shop that has opened by me in Abergavenny called Raw To Go so I am going there tomorrow to stock up on beef chucks and minced lamb, the order I have ut it has come to about £8.50 and should last a good few weeks. I hope this will sort out Guinness's wind problems as she stinks at the moment.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2013, 03:40 AM,
Cockers4Life Offline

Threads: 1
RE: RAW Diet
I have a sensitive dog when it comes to food, and we are trying to always find the perfect combination to keep her allergies at bay. My mom just told us about a new raw food (which is unfortunately quite expensive Icon_eek as well), but it's called Stella & Chewy's. Now we were told a trick may be to eliminate white potatoes from her food.

We have gone grain free, and we are still having allergy issues (and may very well need to seek out an allergist at some point), but for now we're going to try and buy the new food and mix it with grain free food that does not contain white potatoes (and is less expensive). My mother's holistic vet said that white potatoes could be another trigger.

The grain free food we are considering is called Fromm, and the vet told her that the one type that does not contain white potatoes (the only one mind you) is the pork and peas. Also, she told my parents that the white potatoes is something that causes dogs to gain weight easily as well, so that was part of the reason she said to steer clear of it.

Unfortunately, their girls are a bit overweight, and the vet is surmising part of the issue is the fact they eat this food with white potatoes in it. Bella is not overweight, but I want to keep it that way, so I am going to take that advice.

I think I'm going to start with just ordering it online and see how she takes it to it instead of buying a whole bunch at once. I think she has had the Fromm one time in the past, so that shouldn't be an issue. My worry is her stomach too because I don't want to end up with loose stool, which has happened in the past. I'll let you know if it works. I am becoming the dog food expert of the century at this point. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Soft diet for a sick dog Corzhens 4 2,739 09-16-2020, 05:15 PM
Last Post: HarryDavidson701L3
  feeding raw chicken meat and chicken bones Corzhens 2 1,996 01-13-2019, 10:20 PM
Last Post: pooch495
Lightbulb Is raw meat more healthy for dogs? Thor 12 4,484 06-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Last Post: tajnz