LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tornado warning
04-17-2012, 06:25 PM,
Karenskatz Offline

Threads: 10
Tornado warning
This is Tornado Awareness Week. Just a reminder to have a plan. Don't wait until the warning siren goes off to go looking for your cats. As soon as a tornado watch is aanounced for your area, locate your cats and possibly shut them into the room they're in to make them easier to grab if a watch becomes a warning. Or better yet, get them into their carriers and put them in the basement (or shelter area) until the watch is canceled. Give them some treats periodicly and they will eventually think nothing of spending time in the carriers. If you will be at work and your pets will be home alone, if there is bad weather with the threat of possible tornados forcast you might want to shut your cats in the basement or bathroom for the day. And remember to BE SURE THEY HAVE IDENTIFICATION!!! Microchip at least, ID tag too at best.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2012, 08:12 PM,
Monica9975 Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Tornado warning
Oh,sounds bad.We can't do nothing for natural disaster.But we can take some measures to protect ourselves and our pets.Many pet owners will follow your advice in that case to make sure the safety of their pets.
04-18-2012, 08:09 AM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
I am glad I am no where near the tornado.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-15-2012, 10:17 AM,
Mantis Offline

Threads: 23
There's not a cat in hell's chance of a tornado coming to England, fortunately.
My favourite colour is green, my favourite number is 19.
05-19-2012, 03:29 PM,
Karenskatz Offline

Threads: 10
You don't get tornados in England? So what weather disasters DO you get?
05-19-2012, 11:09 PM,
Mantis Offline

Threads: 23
The question you should be asking is "what weather blessings do you get?", to which I would reply: "two days of summer."
My favourite colour is green, my favourite number is 19.
05-20-2012, 04:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-20-2012, 04:20 AM by Fishbone.)
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
I am SOOO happy I don't have to deal with real tornadoes. Or earthquakes. I'll stick to phenomenon that I can track on the TV days in advance. I was "evacuated" at least a dozen times in 2004 & 2005, and rarely had power either summer consistently for more than a few weeks at a time. I actually left my storm shutters up from sometime in summer 2005 until after Wilma went through. Light through windows is highly overrated. I lived in a 2 story townhouse, and was so tired of putting them up and taking them down. I just looked at the list of the 10 most costly hurricanes in US history, and I have been through 6 of them. Either dead in the middle, indirectly, or ran from. (I ran from Andrew. That last satellite image I saw the day before, and the size and range of cat 5 winds, I put my cat in the car and we left.)

All that, and I will still live in the middle of the huricane zone over tornadoes any day. I'd deal with tornadoes if someone could give me 3 or days warning. Big Grin On that note, it's almost June, it's time to go restock the hurricane supplies. [Image: Sensored.gif] me.