LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet Store Ethics
07-09-2015, 12:52 AM,
DancingLady Offline

Threads: 13
Pet Store Ethics
How do you feel about pet stores ethics? In my town, there is only one small pet store, but they have a wide variety of animals from a few puppies and kittens, to many kinds of birds, fish, rodents, reptiles. They also have a decent selection of supplies and foods considering the small size of the store.

I got my parakeets at this store, and after observing 3 birds, came to the conclusion that there is a strong possibility that they are fairly inbred. The reason I think this is that all 3 birds have had problems. One girl was too smart for her own good, but mean as all get out, total bully, but apparently did not have normal hormones because she had no interest at all in mating with the male. The male is not smart at all, and pretty clutsy, and one to does not grow a claw, never did. The second female is a sweetheart, but has little interest in mating with the male, but her feathers on one wing don't fold correctly, so she basically can't fly.

I've heard quite a lot of negative opinions about pet stores and how they treat the animals that come through their doors, how it's all about money and not the animals best interests. I can't say for sure if the issues with my birds are the pet stores fault, or the store owner is unaware that the breeder is not doing a good job, but it really makes me wonder about the pet store industry, and if this kind of problem is going on with other animals as well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Your favorite Pet stores? Ram 14 7,659 12-10-2015, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jasper
  List of Online Pet Stores Thor 6 7,486 12-10-2015, 01:03 PM
Last Post: jasper