LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raccoons
05-29-2016, 03:27 PM,
CatCuddler57 Offline

Threads: 5
Raccoons
I once had a classmate who adopted a pair of baby raccoons who's mother had been killed during hunting season.  They were adorable and I was so jealous about them having wild pets until they got older.  Once they grew up they became more nocturnal and wild.  After hearing some stories about their antics before they were released back into the wild and having met some wild adults raccoons on my grandparents' farm, I've changed my mind about raccoons as pets. 

So, I was wondering if you ever had a friend who had a wild pet or if you had a wild pet?  Did they become partially domesticated or turn wild on you?  Did you keep them or let them go?  Outside of rescuing babies or injured creatures, what do you think of adopted wild pets as pets?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2020, 10:09 AM,
Tarilok Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Raccoons
There is a commercial center here that sells exotic animals like snakes, rare birds and even insects like scorpions and spiders. There is a law against selling those animals but obviously the commercial center is protected by the authorities. Aside from live animals, there is a store that sells stuffed animals and dried mostly used for medicinal purposes like dried sea turtle and pangolin, the endangered specie of ant eater.
12-21-2020, 10:10 AM,
Tarilok Offline

Threads: 0
Before we had our first pekingese, we were offered a 6-year old female pekingese that is being culled from breeding. That age is a good time for retirement. And instead of taking care of a "useless" pet, breeders normally gave them away. But we refused the offer because how would an old dog behave in our home? And we also had a 5-year old mixed mongrel who is ferocious. Another issue is the attitude and culture of the dog. As they say, you cannot teach old dogs new tricks.
12-25-2020, 09:23 PM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
I just came cross this video recently.  A retired man who has been feeding dozens wild raccoons on a daily basis for years.   It is very interesting to see raccoons being so friendly to him.  They are actually the best mannered wild animals I have seen lol. Have you ever seen any animal using both hands to receive the food you hand to them? ? Check out the video
https://youtu.be/Ofp26_oc4CA

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user