LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birdie Makeout
01-09-2015, 02:21 AM,
DancingLady Offline

Threads: 13
Birdie Makeout
I have two parakeets and one thing I love about them is watching the make out, it is so sweet. They don't seem to like to have an audience though, so I have to sit fairly still to be able to watch, otherwise they will be aware of my presence. It's so funny how they basically forget that I'm there if I just sit still and knit for a while and they will be kissing and twittering like an adorable little couple. Then when I have to get up they seem to be surprised by my presence, even though I was there the whole time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2016, 07:10 AM,
Corzhens Offline

Threads: 50
RE: Birdie Makeout
From what I understand about parakeets, all they do is to eat and make love that's why they are called love birds here. Parakeet owners normally take care of the birds for the joy of watching because the birds are always lovely and most of the time chirping while playing.

I have never experienced taking care of birds particularly parakeets because aside from being expensive, the feed is also expensive especially when there is a shortage. But regarding that making out, maybe your birds are conscious of your presence but if you would be a permanent fixture (always watching them) I guess they will get used to you and they would be natural when you are around.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply