LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you crochet or knit ?
08-27-2013, 12:51 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
Do you crochet or knit ?
I really enjoy crocheting and knitting, and I like to make little dog jackets and sweaters for my little dogs to wear in the winter time to keep them warm when they go outside in the cold. I usually knit the sweaters, and like to follow a pattern that has cables or some fancy design in the sweater.

I also like to crochet dog rugs for them to sleep on, and my dogs just love those little rugs. I save all my plastic bags from the grocery store, and then cut them into loops, hook the loops together, and then crochet the plastic along with a strand of regular yarn to make a nice soft throw rug.
By using leftover scraps of yarn, you can not only use up the bits and pieces of leftover yarn from other projects, but you will have a nice, colorful little rug for your dog to sleep on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2013, 07:26 AM,
Cat Servant Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Do you crochet or knit ?
I knit and crochet. I enjoy knitting more, am more experienced with it. I knit small dog sweaters and cat blankets. Am planning to knit catnip mice now that I've found some double-pointed needles.
09-06-2013, 12:53 PM,
shopgirl Offline

Threads: 11
I would LOVE to learn how to crochet or knit or both! I wish someone could sit down with me and teach me! I attempted to buy a "starter" kit from Walmart with different size looms and I had all intention of learning from Youtube but it was too confusing for me to comprehend. I have to have someone sitting right beside me showing me. I guess I am more "hands on". Which one is easier to learn for a beginner?
09-07-2013, 12:22 PM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
(09-06-2013, 02:50 AM)deyvion Wrote: I knit, but not so good. I wish I was one of those people who could read patterns, because there is so much you can do by yourself!

Does anyone know any site online that has tutorials or something?

There are several ways that you can teach yourself to knit or crochet. The main thing is to start with something that is really basic and easy to make while you are learning how to hold the needles, or crochet hook, and then learn to do more complicated designs later.
There are some good guides that you can pick up at the yarn section of Walmart. YouTube has a lot of tutorial video as well. You may have to look through several to find one that is simple enough to understand easily.
If you live near where there is a craft store, like Michaels, they usually have free knitting classes. Also, you might check with your local library, sometimes they host craft classes, and so do the senior centers. Just check around and you should be able to find some place close where you can learn .
09-11-2013, 10:59 AM,
Bella W Offline
Registered

Threads: 1
I enjoy crocheting. I've been learning to crochet on my own for about 2 years now and it's so relaxing. So far I have made a wash cloth and I'm halfway through with a scarf. Sometimes it can be very difficult though because my hands cramp up and my yarn is too delicate. What are some recommendations on a 'heavy duty' yarn that lasts?
09-13-2013, 06:29 AM,
intothebleach Offline

Threads: 5
I haven't crochet in years and I don't thinkI would know how to now. it seems so difficult. I used to knit but I have gotten more into sewing these days. I had a brand new sewing machine for my birthday two weeks ago and I have enrolled on a sewing course. Everyone will be having handmade gifts this yearWink