LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smuggled Puppies News
10-12-2012, 05:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2012, 05:15 PM by haopee.)
haopee Offline

Threads: 91
Smuggled Puppies News
36 Puppies were found being smuggled to the UK. They came from an illegal puppy farm in Ireland.
Quote:The puppies were found by police in boxes in the trunks of the cars and included Spaniels, Labradors, and Jack Russell terriers. Source

Fortunately, these puppies will be up for adoption soon.

Finally, here's a healthy reminder from the RSPCA.
Quote: “Do not buy from the boot of a car or van, and always arrange to meet the puppy with its parents at the breeders home. The conditions the mother is living in is a good indication of the health and welfare of the animals” said Brian Gillen, chief executive of the DSPCA.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 01:15 AM,
pafjlh Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Smuggled Puppies News
This is awful, how could these people do this? Oh wait I know why they did it, out of greed nothing more. Its sad when you read stories about dogs being treated like nothing more then commodities to make money off of. I'm glad that these two men were taken in and charged with animal cruelty. I hope these dogs will all be okay and that they soon can find good homes. Good advice from the DSPCA, advice that the ASPCA should also give individuals wanting to adopt a puppy.
10-16-2012, 12:30 PM,
haopee Offline

Threads: 91
(10-13-2012, 01:15 AM)pafjlh Wrote: This is awful, how could these people do this? Oh wait I know why they did it, out of greed nothing more. Its sad when you read stories about dogs being treated like nothing more then commodities to make money off of. I'm glad that these two men were taken in and charged with animal cruelty. I hope these dogs will all be okay and that they soon can find good homes. Good advice from the DSPCA, advice that the ASPCA should also give individuals wanting to adopt a puppy.

I bet you would even be more surprised when you hear how some people here are selling purebred dogs in our country.

Imagine having to read an ad saying a Shih Tzu is for sale (she isn't a puppy anymore but is being sold at half the price (at about $60) because the owner is no longer interested in taking care of her. The clincher.... She's blind... But WAIT there's more... she's still good enough for breeding purposes

Why Do They Breed?

Check the link out. You'll be reading some pretty silly and frustrating online ads there.
12-06-2012, 12:50 AM,
Molly Offline

Threads: 4
My dogs are full-bred dachshunds, one of my dogs was bought from a pet store, which I will never do again. The other dog was offered to me because the previous owner rescued this dog from a family who was neglecting her. This woman couldn't keep the dachshund because she had several large dogs. I am not in favor of breeding dogs nor in favor of full-breed dogs. There are just too many dogs in need of homes, to be breeding more.
02-07-2013, 08:27 AM,
AnnaU93 Offline

Threads: 7
I cannot believe these stories when they air. What are people thinking? Do they seriously have no more soul left?
I just hope that these poor puppies will find a great home and owner.
Another desire of mine would be to strengthen the laws for these types of things and to have stronger security. We cannot let these
kinds of things happening in our world anymore.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Iams Dog and Cat Food Recall reported in news today Buffy 2 2,457 08-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Babble64