LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting involved in advocacy
07-15-2016, 02:17 PM,
remnant Offline

Threads: 72
Getting involved in advocacy
Watching animals suffering moreso a pet can be disheartening especially when you have little leverage which you can apply to the situation. I have witnessed cases where donkeys were whipped by their owners usually carrying large amounts of napier grass or other loads. There is a saying that states that it takes people of goodwill and conviction to keep silent for evil to prevail. Sometimes I have found myself in minor altercations with pet owners as I attempt to dissuade them from their actions by alerting or sporting them to pay attention to their crutelty usually to no avail. Most people just look on with wistful eyes and then let it go. There is also the notion held by some individuals (and they are not few) that donkeys would get sick if they were not made to carry loads which has no scientific basis. I have often thought of launching into animal advocacy but its a daunting task because its also about resources and time. Have you ever been involved in animal advocacy?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2016, 12:09 AM,
rz3300 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Getting involved in advocacy
Well this is certainly a noble cause that you have attached yourself to, so congratulations and well done there. I think that the more people out there who can devote a little bit of time and energy to causes like this, it adds up quickly and we will start to see changes for the better. The good news is that there are plenty of options out there, and a lot of agencies doing good things and with structures and organizations already in place. That certainly makes it easier, and while I cannot say I am attached to anything as of now, this does help serve as a little motivation to look more into it. For that, I say thank you for sharing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply