LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello All
01-27-2014, 12:15 AM,
BirdPoo Offline

Threads: 4
Hello All
I seemed to have forgotten to do my intro when I signed up. Better late than never, I suppose!

Hello all! I am a native Midwesterner, transplanted to the South and then dug up and thrown back into the sub-zero Midwestern temps! I have 3 wonderful dogs; a Great Dane, a German Shep and a Belgian Tervuren whom only has 3 legs. All of my furry children are rescues that I have owned for a minimum of 10 years. I also have a chubby, 9 yr old, black cat, a DSH that I just adore. He is also a rescue that I have had since he was roughly 2 weeks old.

By trade I am a 14 year plus, Veterinary Surgical Technician with a special interest and advanced training in Orthopedics and Animal Behavior. I have a great deal of experience ranging from domestic small animals to livestock and horses to avian and reptiles. Reptiles being my least favorite since snakes fall in to that category!

I am very passionate about client education in all aspects of pet ownership and I look forward to the great info on these forums!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2014, 10:10 PM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
RE: Hello All
Hello BirdPoo,
I couldn't help but thinking you were a pet bird expert when I saw your user name. Tongue
What experience do you have with birds? Why do you pick this user name for the forum? Smile

I have already seen plenty of your posts in dog and cat sections. It is good to have you here. Come to visit bird, fish, and reptile forums sometimes. It can be fun over there too!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-31-2014, 06:40 AM,
BirdPoo Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Hello All
(01-30-2014, 10:10 PM)Thor Wrote: Hello BirdPoo,
I couldn't help but thinking you were a pet bird expert when I saw your user name. Tongue
What experience do you have with birds? Why do you pick this user name for the forum? Smile

I have already seen plenty of your posts in dog and cat sections. It is good to have you here. Come to visit bird, fish, and reptile forums sometimes. It can be fun over there too!

I am certainly not a bird expert but I am an enthusiast!

My avian experience is fairly limited. I did some work with a veterinarian that specialized in exotics including avian and reptiles. I have also had the pleasure of raising a few peacocks, numerous chicken and quail. My avian experience is more breed specific and truly only includes African Greys, Macaws, Emu's and Eclectus Parrots. The more exotic breeds of bird you work with, the more you have to know. I have always loved the Greys and Macaws but could never own one. My interest has been more on the medical end. OrthopedicsSmile As far as the basics about small to medium birds, I am familiar with them and comfortable treating them. The more exotic, the more precarious the situation can be! I will take a stroll through the other sections. I am sure that I can have some fun in there too!

Ok...about the name BirdPoo. That is a nickname for my Great Dane. She got the nickname bird because she used to perch (like a bird) on the back of the couch and look out the window. My precious boss added "poo" to it, thus creating BirdPoo ;-) So there ya have it, I have a Great Dane lovingly referred to as BirdPoo!
Find all posts by this user