LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
His Name Was Rufus
02-07-2013, 07:12 AM,
4sweed Offline

Threads: 64
His Name Was Rufus
The first cat I ever had was a barn cat at my uncle's farm. Rufus was the most unkept looking cat one had ever seen. He had long black and white hair and a tail that most often looked like it had been dipped in a oil can. He had a bad habit of going where he should not and getting into trouble on a regular basis.
However, Rufus and I, had a pact. Each night just after dark we would sneak into the chicken house and wait for the mice to come into the feeders. It was always kind of neat in there as chickens snore and the noise made it kind of creepy. But we would patiently wait and sure enough before long the mice would enter from their hiding places and Rufus would catch one, and want to go outside to eat it. Then we would go back for a second and maybe a third, before the mice got wise to us and would not appear.
The other cute thing Rufus would do is he loved being cuddled. That is as long as no female cats were near, for if one showed up he would squirm out of my arms and shake himself off and march away. It always made us laugh.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply