LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Does He Always Know?
06-20-2014, 02:09 AM,
KittyReeves Offline

Threads: 20
How Does He Always Know?
Some how, some way, my cat ALWAYS knows just when I'm about to get into bed. It's not me going into my room that tips him off, because I always have my computer and work desk in my room, so I'm in here about 80 percent of the time. It's not turning the lights out, because I turn them off long before I go to bed. I'll be turning off my lights and computer screen and pulling back my covers to get into bed when he comes up, mrows, and jumps up on the bed and curls up. Every night, like clockwork. And it's not even at the same times, cause I never go to bed at the same time every night! I have no idea how my cat just knows the minute I'm about to lay down. It's very uncanny. :o_o:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2014, 02:21 AM,
Bloomsie Offline

Threads: 23
RE: How Does He Always Know?
I've always thought that cats are therapeutic. In other words, they can sense your feelings and can bounce off of them. When my cat was smaller, he would do the same thing. He began to realize my patterns and although they were all at different times, he would just know when I'd be going to bed and would go to his bed at the same time. Though, as he got older, his own patterns have changed. When he knows that I'm tired and need to get to bed, he now meows and leads me to his litterbox, wanting it clean for the morning. I guess that's what I get for having an OCD cat. Ha!
06-21-2014, 04:53 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
RE: How Does He Always Know?
I can speculate on two ways that he knows when you are going to bed. The first, is the most obvious one, that he is far more aware of what you are doing than you think that he is. My Chipper watches me very close, and when he sees me close my iPad, he knows that I am going to get up and do something. When it is at nite, then he will figure out that I am going to get ready and go to bed, so when I close up the iPad, he heads for the bedroom.
Another possibility is that your cat is actually reading your mind. I have read some interesting articles about animals (at least some animals) being able to see "pictures" in your brain. So, if you are thinking about bed, and mentally visualizing that, then your cat might be seeing that you are visualizing it, and jumps on your bed.
There is a great book about this, called "Talking With Horses", and it details the authors experiences with horses, dogs, and other animals.