LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Where do you usually shop for your furbabies?
06-18-2015, 02:19 AM,
SarahWorksAtHome Offline

Threads: 8
Where do you usually shop for your furbabies?
I've found lots of great deals by shopping for supplies and toys online on Amazon but I really do like the experience of shopping in a pet specialty store like PetSense or PetSmart. We get food at Kroger and treats at either Walmart or grocery store but those extra items... it varies.
So where do you usually shop for pet supplies?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2015, 01:26 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
RE: Where do you usually shop for your furbabies?
Where I shop for my little dogs depends totally on what it is that I am looking to find for them, as well as how soon that I need the item.
If it is a more costly item, like a set of clippers; then I will probable shop around for a while, and usually end up buying things on Amazon because they seem to have the best selections and also the best prices.
Another great online website is called "Jeffers Pet Supply", and they carry a very complete line of both pet and livestock supplies.
On the other hand, when I need something right away, then I am going to go to a local store and buy it, and not even bother shopping around.
We have a feed store here called CT Garvins, and they carry a great line of pet products, and i like to shop there. Personally, I really don't like going into a place like Petco or Petsmart, unless it is absolutely necessary.
Sometimes, I can just run to Walmart or the grocery store and buy whatever item I need; so there really is no one particular place that I buy pet products.
06-23-2015, 02:18 AM,
kfander Offline

Threads: 5
I get their food from Petco and Amazon.com mostly, but whenever I am in a new city and come across a specialty pet store, I'll stop in to see what they have, because my older cats really like to have variety in their canned cat food, and I am pretty picky about what I'll let them eat. Toys, I usually buy from Amazon.com but occasionally pick one up while I'm in a pet store. I have only one cat that plays with toys, although one of the older ones likes to carry them around as props. My younger cat, who plays with her toys, prefers plastic bottle caps to pretty much anything else, although a catnip-stuffed toy called Dynamite is awfully popular, even with the older ones.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-23-2015, 03:19 AM,
SarahWorksAtHome Offline

Thanks for telling me about the Jeffers Pet Supply. I will be checking their site out.
I sometimes also shop for them at feed and seed stores or at Tractor Supply. I live in a somewhat rural area and we have several farming communities. Because of that there are several "feed and seed" stores local to me that sell really excellent quality pet supplies. Sometimes it is a bit more expensive but I always know what I am getting and I'm buying from local businesses when I shop the "feed and seed" or general stores (mom and pop stores). I can even buy booster shots and vaccinations at those places.
07-16-2015, 10:32 AM,
Shihtzufan Offline

Threads: 11
Amazon is my go-to place for basically all of my pet stuff. Their toys, bedding, food and treats most of the time, the list goes on.

For me the main reason I just go to Amazon is firstly because it's super convenient - I can use it as a one-stop-shop for so many different things. Secondly it lets me read reviews. I always like recommendations from others so it's super helpful to me being able to read reviews and get people's thoughts on how well a product works (or perhaps negative reviews on how it doesn't work, which leads me to avoid it!)

Sometimes I'll buy stuff at my local pet store though if I'm running low and don't think Amazon will get here in time.
07-23-2015, 05:12 AM,
SarahWorksAtHome Offline

Amazon is pretty good for toys and such. I got a Kong brand ball on there for less than it cost at the pet shop and it got here quickly. It wouldn't have been worth it for the shipping cost however if I hadn't already had an order over thirty five dollars so it could be an add on item.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shopping for your pets, where do you shop ? Happyflowerlady 6 2,718 05-10-2016, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Thor
  Do you shop around for a pet vet? Thor 13 4,954 07-04-2013, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Babble64