LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you get over your fear of spiders ?
01-23-2014, 03:59 AM,
DomDom Offline

Threads: 3
How did you get over your fear of spiders ?
I am more of a dog person and never had insects as pets. I have to admit they look really cool and fun but I would be very afraid of owning one.

Its typical in almost every movie where somebody has a tarantula that the glass breaks and the tarantula gets out Big Grin

How did you get over your fear and did anything like a glass break of the cage happen to you ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2014, 08:22 AM,
Roseary Offline

Threads: 4
RE: How did you get over your fear of spiders ?
I am still very much afraid of spiders. My sister had a pet tarantula when we were younger and it never broke out, but scared me to no end. I didn't even want to go in the same room as it at first. After a while though it got easier by understanding it was going to harm me - felt like it, but it wasn't. I think the main thing to get over is wanting to own and play with one more than wanting to run from it. I personally could never own one, but I admire people who do.
01-24-2014, 04:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-24-2014, 04:26 AM by DomDom.)
DomDom Offline

Threads: 3
(01-23-2014, 08:22 AM)Roseary Wrote: I am still very much afraid of spiders. My sister had a pet tarantula when we were younger and it never broke out, but scared me to no end. I didn't even want to go in the same room as it at first. After a while though it got easier by understanding it was going to harm me - felt like it, but it wasn't. I think the main thing to get over is wanting to own and play with one more than wanting to run from it. I personally could never own one, but I admire people who do.

Hahaha. I feel the same way I am sooooo afraid of spiders, especially the big dangerous ones liek tarantulas or black widows. I remember as a kid being scared of going to the seaside because I read in some dusty old book that the seaside region is the region where you can find alot of black widows (mediterranean seaside that is, Croatia specifically Big Grin). I guess you just have to be the type for it and pretty brave, I would be afraid to have it and go to sleep because I would think that its going to get out of its cage and bite me! Big Grin The only reason I wouldnt be angry at getting bit by a spider if it was a radioactive spider who gave me superpowers and I became Spiderman Big Grin. I have to say I envy the people who do have them a bit though, they look like really cool pets and seem great topics of conversation when you have guests Smile
01-25-2014, 01:53 AM,
Roseary Offline

Threads: 4
I think if I got bit by a spider that had some crazy powers like spider man and ended up getting spider powers I would end up being afraid of myself. In theory it would be cool to shoot spider webs, but I think in the long run it would really freak me out! It would be sticky and gross haha. I do agree that it would probably be a nice topic of conversation while entertaining guests though (the owning a spider as a pet part, not being spider man.) You would have something cool to show off to people and talk about, maybe the guests would even want to hold and play with it; I have friends who most likely would.

I wonder if Spiders can be trained? I imagine it might be like any other pet, where it just takes time, but I don't know. It would be pretty neat if you can though.
05-05-2014, 06:16 AM,
KittyReeves Offline

Threads: 20
I never did get over my fear of spiders! I still freak out when I see one crawling around on my walls! My one friend however, loves spiders. I think she's bonkers. I do try not to kill any spiders though, just leave them be, and capture them and move them in a jar if need be. My grandmother had a very big thing against killing spiders; apparently it's extremely bad luck? Like, worse then breaking a mirror, bad luck.
06-04-2014, 01:10 PM,
Francy Offline

Threads: 8
I never did and never have! Yuck. I hate them with a passion. I can barely kill them and since it's summer, they're starting to come out more! I have some spider spray that I use that allows me to kill them without "smooshing" them. Here in Wyoming, they can get pretty big. It's few and far between, but I have seen them here and I don't like them one bit! We spray around our house too! Luckily my husband understands my fear and does his best to keep them away!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Overcome my Fear of Roaches lindbergh 8 20,810 03-01-2013, 10:34 AM
Last Post: ACSAPA