LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Most Adorable Mannerisms
09-01-2013, 08:13 PM,
MariaPamela Offline

Threads: 2
Most Adorable Mannerisms
What are the cutest mannerisms your pets have? My dog has a thing resting her chin on the window sill. Every night when I come home, I park in the driveway and I can see her peering through the window. It always feels so good to come home to such an adorable face!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2013, 11:24 PM,
ReneLeBeau Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Most Adorable Mannerisms
The way that your dog waits for you sounds really adorable Smile
My older cat isn't very cuddly, but when she wants a petting she lets out a really cute sound and rolls on her back showing her belly. If I don't respond right away, she'll continue rolling from side to side along with making the same sound. It's the cutest thing she does.
My younger cat, on the other hand, is extremely cuddly, and he's very open about it. When I don't come down to his level to pet him, he'll try to climb to my level and put his paws on my shoulder like a hug. Sometimes he'll even try to place his back legs on me too so that I would carry him while I pet him.
09-09-2013, 03:16 AM,
Babble64 Offline

Threads: 3
(09-01-2013, 08:13 PM)MariaPamela Wrote: What are the cutest mannerisms your pets have? My dog has a thing resting her chin on the window sill. Every night when I come home, I park in the driveway and I can see her peering through the window. It always feels so good to come home to such an adorable face!

Where's the "like" button when you need it! Smile

We have two cats, and they both have very endearing, though differing, mannerisms. I love it when our calico sits in the kitchen while I'm working and kind of "chirps" at me to get my attention. (she's always been soft-spoken, even her purrs are like a whisper) That she loves to sit in the middle of the room with me is very comforting. She also comes into the bathroom with me when I shower, and waits for me to be finished to get a good scratching.

Our other cat, a Seal Point Siamese, is much more demonstrative and loves to snuggle. But there are times when she will put her paw up to my face, or put her head up under my chin and just snuggle me. What a wonderful feeling!!!

She's been gone many years now, but when my kids were little we had a mixed breed dog...who had the coloring of a yellow lab mixed with red bone coon hound, big, floppy, silky ears, and a bark that was that baying of a hound. I loved it when the boys would get silly, and she would get excited and she'd let out that howl!
09-09-2013, 04:30 PM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
My Chipper is just a total ham !
He loves to show off, and will go through a whole little routine of things just to get attention, or especially if he thinks we are going to be eating something. He will stand on his hind legs, and wave his little front paws in the air, then he spins around in a circle and chases his tail.
Next, he wants us to know that he is ready to eat, and if you say the "chicken" word to him, he will put his paws together in the air to "say his prayers" so that he can have the food. Of course, he has to sit nicely while we actually do say grace for our meal, but then he is right back up jumping around and showing off again.
He always climbs up on his pillow when I am eating and patiently waits for me to give him bites of my meal, which (of course) I always do.
He is just the greatest little dog, and always keeps us entertained.
09-13-2013, 01:22 AM,
MariaPamela Offline

Threads: 2
(09-09-2013, 04:30 PM)Happyflowerlady Wrote: My Chipper is just a total ham !
He loves to show off, and will go through a whole little routine of things just to get attention, or especially if he thinks we are going to be eating something. He will stand on his hind legs, and wave his little front paws in the air, then he spins around in a circle and chases his tail.
Next, he wants us to know that he is ready to eat, and if you say the "chicken" word to him, he will put his paws together in the air to "say his prayers" so that he can have the food. Of course, he has to sit nicely while we actually do say grace for our meal, but then he is right back up jumping around and showing off again.
He always climbs up on his pillow when I am eating and patiently waits for me to give him bites of my meal, which (of course) I always do.
He is just the greatest little dog, and always keeps us entertained.

Wow! I've been watching videos on YouTube of dogs saying grace before meals. I really want to teach my dog how to do this. Did you teach Chipper this trick yourself? If so, how did you do it?? I must learn!!
09-13-2013, 10:03 PM,
Tribie Offline

Threads: 5
My dog tilts his head to the left side whenever he watches a lizard or a cockroach that is out of reach walk by. I really find him very cute when he does this. When we put him in his cage because we are waxing the floor or moving around stuff, my dog also rests his chin in between the bars. I have been trying to take his picture in this position but he always gets up and excited when I go near his cage thinking that I will finally let him out. Sometimes when he is in this position he whines at the same time trying to get attention and it makes him seem like a poor dog in prison asking to be let out.
09-14-2013, 03:11 AM,
apickett80 Offline

Threads: 4
That's so cute how your dog puts her chin on the window sill. Smile I am picturing it and it makes me smile. You should take a picture of her doing it and share it with us. Our Brogan has this thing where he will jump up in my lap and jump down to the door over and over again until I take him out. I know when he does it that he is just bored and wants to go out to play because he goes out to potty many times during the day. It makes me laugh because he will be eating or something and suddenly do that. He gets bored pretty easy. When we go outside I walk across the yard to my moms to let him play with her Dachshund who is his best friend. Smile
09-15-2013, 05:23 AM,
kristyleann Offline

Threads: 0
I have a rat terrier named Peaches. Like all dogs, she loves being pet but if you stop she looks at you like "Excuse me? Who said you could stop?" and then she'll roll over on her side and look at you. Then she'll roll onto her back and look at you again. Then she'll wiggle back and forth like she's trying to get your attention like "Hey, exposed tummy here! Ready to be pet!" She is such a silly dog. Smile
09-21-2013, 02:46 PM,
ohiotom76 Offline

Threads: 5
My oldest dog would head butt me every morning right in my face to wake me up. I would wake up to a dog snout right between my eyes, and her two beady eyes staring straight at me as if to say "get up!!".

Our terrier had a penchant for "sampling" everything by taking a nibble out of it to see what it would taste like, even non food items. One time she bit into one of my breath sprays. For the longest time we couldn't figure out why she was licking her lips like crazy one day. Then when I went into my room and was straightening some things up on my dresser I noticed there were some puncture holes in my breath freshner, lol.