LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Made a mistake in choosing a breeder
05-21-2016, 10:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-21-2016, 10:41 AM by maxen57. Edit Reason: Not all was posted )
maxen57 Offline

Threads: 15
Made a mistake in choosing a breeder
I got my dog from a "breeder" who sold me Clio at a lower price than the other dogs I found online. All that time I had to wait until Clio is already 2 months old, we've maintained an open communication about how I should take care of her and he swore that she's perfectly healthy. Came the day I had to pick her up, I noticed she has an umbilical hernia that he didn't mention before. Because I've waited for this puppy long enough, I still paid for her. I was worried what would happen if nobody else took her and today, I'm still happy that I made the right choice because Clio is one of the few stress relievers I have here at home.

I've learned my lesson that it would be better to get a puppy from a more experienced breeder who can also provide me with papers. If I didn't have enough money, I'd save up more to afford the dog. It would be better to spend more now than spend higher later because of health conditions not indicated by the breeder.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2016, 07:02 PM,
Corzhens Offline

Threads: 50
RE: Made a mistake in choosing a breeder
I admire your compassion because even if the puppy has a physical defect, you still continued with the sale and now you love the dog. Maybe the breeder should have given you a discount since you may spend in the future for the surgery (I'm not sure if this is really needed with that umbilical cord issue). But nevertheless, this thread is a good caveat for those thinking of buying a puppy from a breeder.

There is one breeder here who is a professional basketball player. But there are talks that he is scamming his customers - selling pure breed that are not really pure breed. There are so many documented complaints already. But that was some years back and I don't know if that breeder still has a store in one mall here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Technology Made for Your Pet dog haopee 1 1,999 04-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Last Post: trishgl
  Home made dog food recipes? Ram 9 4,134 03-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Last Post: bw