LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mischievous Cats
12-31-2012, 04:43 PM,
froncikle Offline

Threads: 2
Mischievous Cats
We all know cats behave good while we, the owners are in the house. But, as soon as we leave they do stuff they know they shouldn't. They usually get away with it as we don't see them, but there are times when we do.

So, this is a topic meant to write what your cats did while they were sure you weren't looking:

Cats live high places, and my cat loves to be on any place in the house that is above the ground. That includes tables. Now I did notice the table cloth being moved, but gave it no second though, until I once saw my cat just sleeping in the middle of the (dinner) table. She was so sound asleep that she didn't hear me coming. Gotcha Smile.

Years ago I had two cats who would do all kinds of mischievous things together. The funniest one I remember is that during the night they ate the sides of the pancakes that had left over from lunch. They could only eat the sides of the pancakes because they were secured by two heavy plates (one on the bottom and one on the top)... pancakes wasted.

The third funny moment was actually my aunts cat. She was not permitted to sleep in the bed and she knew it. But she often slept in it when no one was home. How did we know it? Well, the cat left wrinkles on the bed, and it was always warm when we came home. So she slept there and ran anytime she heard the door open.

What are your cats mischievous tales?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2013, 03:06 AM,
BugM Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Mischievous Cats
Oh gosh. I have always had cats throughout my whole life. The boys I have now are the most mischievous of all. There's a bin of cat toys that we have for them. At first, they were out because the two older boys we have could reach it and pluck out a toy they want. The two younger ones, we discovered, like to pull it down and absolutely make a mess by spreading the toys. It's become a hide and go see thing with us hiding it and the boys finding it and pulling it down again. This was also the younger boys' first Christmas. When we put the tree up, they wouldn't stop playing with it (trying to eat the branches or lights). At one point, one of them bolted across the living room floor and jumped into the tree right in front of me! I couldn't stop laughing. In the past, one of my cats stole an entire ham out of the sink. We were letting it defrost and left it there without thinking for a quick store run. Come home and it's on the floor and the cat's chewing on it. Couldn't have been anymore busted.
01-26-2013, 02:31 AM,
scotty Offline

Threads: 11
My cats are not really that bad. Pussington tens to climb on and jump on things often causing them to smash or break. I think she has smashed maybe 4 vases in the 2 years I have had her. She also has this habit of going up next to something laying down next to it, then pushing it off the edge onto the floor. She has an evil streak!

They are probably the most mischievous when food is involved. Both of them are always ravenous, one time I caught them playing frisbee with a pack of tortilla wraps. Just biting them picking them up then running off with them...no idea why they do these things other than to be annoying!
02-06-2013, 09:01 AM,
4sweed Offline

Threads: 64
Our cat is very good at getting into places that he should not be or places you would not expect him to be. He gets up on top of the china cupboard and walks across the top of door frames. He hides under the bed sheets and under the sofa covers. Give him a chance and out the door he goes and plays catch me if you can with us for about an hour, then strolls back into the house like nothing ever happened. I am always worried he will run into the street, because he is an indoor cat and has never been free outdoors enough to know to stay home.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2013, 12:01 PM,
AnnaU93 Offline

Threads: 7
My cat is usually half and half. When she is really hyper for no reason she starts climbing everything such as our couches as well as kitchen counter tops. I have already tried to cat proof the whole house but it seems as if lately every time I tend to fix something then something else gets broken instead. I guess this is the norm for when you have a cat but I am still not giving up!Haha.
05-29-2013, 02:37 AM,
ReneLeBeau Offline

Threads: 1
There are some things my cat did while she was younger, but not so much anymore. She really loved to climb the curtains, and I was always really scared that she would hurt herself. One day when I came home, the curtains were down along with the wooden curtain rod. I never put them up again. For a while she was really obsessed with jumping on top of the door, but I never saw her succeed. I was careful to leave the door at an angle that would be unreachable for her (since she was trying to jump from mu work desk).
I never leave any food outside, since I know what would happen to it, but once when I was eating she jumped over my tray and grabbed my bread slice. I was really confused with her choice.
She really likes my wooly sweaters, socks and hair bands. She normally doesn't drink from her bowl, but sometimes she will drop a hair band, a sock or a sweater sleeve in the bowl and drink.
05-31-2013, 08:38 AM,
mariposa Offline

Threads: 8
This whole thread is making me smile to see some of the things our felines try to get away with! Rofl I guess we've been lucky with our girl because she isn't prone to get into trouble or climb where she's not supposed to be climbing (not the same when she was younger, though!)

The only "trouble" she gets into now is knowing how to open the one bottom cupboard door but she never does it when we're home, just when we're all out and no one is in the house. I check them when we leave the house and somehow she gets the door open. I've thought about setting up a video cam to figure out how she does that because they close rather tightly... or so it seems!

It's resulted in having to basically baby-proof the house, just like I had to do when my daughter was starting to toddle around. Gen068

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How often should cats be fed? brianapaige619 13 5,125 06-25-2022, 08:25 AM
Last Post: jamesformtter55
  Raw Feeding Cats helaofthenorns 8 4,129 05-31-2022, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Gibbto
Photo My husband hates cats???? Meowmie 9 9,867 02-19-2021, 08:47 PM
Last Post: HemmyngsKylee
  Any Experience With Mouse Catching Cats? HillCritters 9 4,337 02-19-2021, 05:36 PM
  Cats in Cars Novelangel 12 5,482 02-19-2021, 05:34 PM
  How Many Cats Have You Ever Had At One Time? KittyReeves 21 9,915 02-19-2021, 05:31 PM
  Boiled fish for cats helaofthenorns 2 3,131 02-19-2021, 05:29 PM
  Cats Who Watch TV Novelangel 6 3,675 02-19-2021, 05:28 PM
  Cats and Relaxing Sounds Novelangel 6 4,030 10-10-2016, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Loro
  Leash Cats: Doable? Bloomsie 14 6,040 08-24-2016, 06:04 AM
Last Post: rz3300
  How music affects cats Happyflowerlady 12 6,526 08-24-2016, 05:05 AM
Last Post: rz3300
  Some cats are stressed by being petted. Happyflowerlady 16 7,872 05-28-2016, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Novelangel
  De-clawing Cats nailah783 6 4,641 05-27-2016, 01:08 PM
Last Post: CatCuddler57
  Adopting two cats? mabatbai 6 5,030 04-18-2016, 02:09 AM
Last Post: remnant
  Looking for helpful hints to help deal with cats claws KerriFL 4 4,081 11-24-2015, 05:59 AM
Last Post: nailah783