LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Than 200 Chihuahuas Removed From PA Home
07-21-2012, 05:23 AM,
ACSAPA Offline

Threads: 17
More Than 200 Chihuahuas Removed From PA Home
This is some extreme animal hoarding. Over 200 Chihuahuas were removed from unsanitary conditions in a home in Pennsylvania. I can't imagine what the owner was thinking. Having that many animals in cramped and dirty conditions isn't love, it's insanity.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/200-c...e-16817348

And here's the aftermath, shelters are stepping up to take the dogs in hope of finding homes for them.

http://news.yahoo.com/shelters-chihuahua...56408.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2012, 08:18 AM,
pugskjj Offline

Threads: 19
RE: More Than 200 Chihuahuas Removed From PA Home
Wow!! Just wow is all I can say after reading that. To have them in those deplorable conditions is just saddening...I am a chihuahua lover but will stick to my two. The fact that they knew each one of the 187 by name astounds me!! This is about 3 hours from me, I may have to see what kind of assistance I can offer; thank you for this article because even as close as I am I had not heard about it.
07-24-2012, 01:27 PM,
haopee Offline

Threads: 91
Wow, those two men have some pretty strong hoarding issues. It's a tad weird that no charges were filed yet. They must be brewing up a pretty strong case against these guys.

No matter how pure the intentions were, it doesn't make what they did right. Thankfully, the 187 of them which had minor problems are probably going to much better homes.

It's so weird that multiple online news websites have this article but none of which have pictures. I was curious at how unsanitary their living conditions were.
07-24-2012, 01:31 PM,
TreeClimber Offline

Threads: 37
This is so tragic. I don't know how people let it get to this point. How can they afford to feed them? It seems many of these people start with the right intentions, then somewhere along the line it goes horribly wrong.

I'm glad that shelters are stepping up. I've heard that there is an abundance of Chihuahuas in American animal shelters. Ever since the Taco Bell commercials of a few years ago, the breed's popularity has increased. Unfortunately, people don't realize that those cute small dogs have quite a lot of energy and can be very feisty and nervous. They don't want to put in the work needed to train them.
07-25-2012, 05:38 AM,
pugskjj Offline

Threads: 19
(07-24-2012, 01:31 PM)TreeClimber Wrote: I've heard that there is an abundance of Chihuahuas in American animal shelters. Ever since the Taco Bell commercials of a few years ago, the breed's popularity has increased. Unfortunately, people don't realize that those cute small dogs have quite a lot of energy and can be very feisty and nervous. They don't want to put in the work needed to train them.

As the owner of two bull headed Chihuahuas I can attest to the fact that they require time to train. Out of all the animals I have ever had, the Chi was the hardest to potty train...and as for sit, stay...well I have one that all she does is "look pretty" Ironically I live in Baltimore and had not heard anything in our local news and this isn't too far away. I pray that they find homes for all those babies Heart
05-05-2014, 12:53 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
From what I have read about this , there was nothing really wrong with any of the dogs except minor issues such as many other dogs often have. The dogs were happy living there, and were not being mistreated. The owners knew all of the dogs by name, which is way better than some parents do with their children.
So, aside from the fact that they had a large amount of dogs, what was the problem here exactly that they had to remove all the dogs from the home ??
Now, all of these poor little creatures are being separated from their family and friends, stuck in a cage at some animal shelter, and if no one adopts them right away,they will probably then be euthanized. How is this a better outcome for them, even assuming that they are adopted out ??

If they had come from a licensed kennel, and were outside living in dog kennels, but being properly fed and cared for; no one would have even fussed about it. But because they are living in the house, and being loved and cared for like part of the family , now they are being taken away.
We probably will never hear the part about how many of them are later put to sleep.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cat found the owner's new home miles away Ram 2 3,146 05-03-2014, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady