LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parvo Vaccination is Important
03-04-2013, 08:38 PM,
haopee Offline

Threads: 91
Parvo Vaccination is Important
I have always emphasized on the importance of vaccination. I know others have chosen not to have their dogs vaccinated and I respect that. Nonetheless, if you live in an urban area, it's definitely something an owner should consider.

For one, vaccination can save you from paying exorbitant vet bills. A pup of mine was recently admitted to the vet clinic due to Parvo virus. He stayed in the clinic for 7 days. You guessed it right, his vet bill skyrocketed.

Second, he almost died of it. Parvo is a fatal disease. More than 50% of puppies contracting Parvo die.

Vaccinating can save you from a lot of pain and stress. I've been dealing with two pups with Parvo. I almost lost them to it. Now, I am literally sick due to waking up early and sleeping late in order to treat them.

Last, vaccinating your puppies keep them safe as Parvo is a highly contagious disease.

Note: Some vets usually administer separate canine Parvo virus vaccinations.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2013, 08:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2013, 08:44 AM by 4sweed.)
4sweed Offline

Threads: 64
RE: Parvo Vaccination is Important
When I first found my puppy Goodboy, he had this disease, as well as, tape worms and round worms, and a few other diseases that left untreated he would have died.

The vet told us he was not expected to live, but thankful he did live and got his vaccinations every year after that.

Heart worm medication is important as well.

I am sad to hear your puppies are sick and I hope they manage to survive. I agree that vaccinating can safe you a lot of money and heartache.

Thanks for posting this.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-17-2013, 06:32 AM,
trishgl Offline

Threads: 5
Thank you for posting your experience. Sorry about your dogs and I hope they are recovering nicely and you too. I don't think I've had my chow vaccinated for Parvo. She's had vaccinations for rabies and for the worms and things but I've not heard of this disease. I'll ask my Vet about it.
03-01-2015, 11:39 AM,
Emily202 Offline

Threads: 1
I have had a bad experience with Parvo, it is a very dangerous disease! My dog Sheba, she is a brindle Pitbull/Boxer and about a year ago she had gotten Parvo. I didn't take her to the vet due to not having enough money but I knew exactly what it was because the smell of her runny stool and how she was acting. They tend to act the same. Refuse to eat or drink, vomit repeatedly, and their stomach starts to cave in due to starvation. They also just lay around and do nothing. It is very heartbreaking to have to watch. All I did was give her water through a small syringe and human Pepto and it did the trick, Of course I gave her plenty of attention as well, she really needed it. Poor thing Sad

So I would definitely agree, giving your dog the Parvo shot is very important! It is more common than you think, you could even track it in the house from the bottom of your shoe.
03-20-2015, 01:27 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
I have only had one puppy that got parvo, and it was a tiny Yorkie that I purchased, and this puppy had been given all of the necessary shots for parvo. When he got sick and I took him to the vet, they tested him for parvo, and then told me that this was what was wrong with him, and that he would likely die from it, and that they could try and treat him if I wanted.
I told them that he had already had the vaccination for parvo, so he should not be able to catch the virus; but the vet said that the vaccination is useles most of the time, and the puppies can get parvo anyway. He said the best thing was for me to just have my puppy put to sleep right then; so that he did not suffer any more and die anyway.
It broke my heart to do this; but I did not want the poor little fellow to suffer any longer, especially if he was only going to die regardless; so I let the vet put him to sleep.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vaccination: What, When, and How Often haopee 0 1,218 06-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Last Post: haopee