LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please let me out, said the chimp
08-26-2012, 05:44 PM,
Victor Leigh Offline

Threads: 19
Please let me out, said the chimp
The zoo is a source of entertainment for a lot of children. And a lot of adults, too. In some zoos, the animals are very well taken care of.

However every time I think of a zoo, I am reminded of a song called "The Good-hearted Drunk". It's a Thai song sung in the "Perh Chiwit" style which is quite close to the western country folk style.

In the song, a man went to the zoo and was drinking beer as he walked by the cages. Then he saw a monkey and shared his beer with the monkey. Whereupon the zoo keepers caught hold of him and handed him over to the police, who held him overnight in the police lockup. While still inside the lockup he sobered up and reflected on his condition.

He thought it was right that he was behind bars because he had committed an offense. Then he wondered what the animals in the zoo had done wrong to be put behind bars their entire lives.

[Image: lytgt.jpg?1]

That's a picture of a chimpanzee using sign language to ask the visitor to open its cage to let it out. The chimpanzee is one of the inmates at the Welsh Mountain Zoo.

More information here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z22cSoVgsK

What do you think about the animals kept in the zoos? And are you giving your pets enough freedom to be happy and not want to run away?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Escaping chimp killed in Las Vegas Ram 7 2,938 07-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Ram