LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you let cats sleep in your bed?
07-22-2012, 03:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-22-2012, 03:53 AM by Laura.)
Laura Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Do you let cats sleep in your bed?
They sleep in my bed when I am not in it, but not during the night. I don;t feel comfortable with them there, I can't move, when they wake up, they go and play around the room and wake me up (and I don't like it Big Grin). SO the cats stay in the living room, on the couch. Poor cats Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2012, 03:54 PM,
ACSAPA Offline

Threads: 17
(05-31-2012, 08:07 PM)amanda509 Wrote: depends on his mood lol. sometimes between us, sometimes by our feet, other time he will sleep on us, and he really likes my head -.-

It's adorable that your cat likes to sleep on your head. That's a pretty funny image to imagine.
07-26-2012, 05:47 PM,
Victor Leigh Offline

Threads: 19
(07-22-2012, 03:53 AM)Laura Wrote: They sleep in my bed when I am not in it, but not during the night. I don;t feel comfortable with them there, I can't move, when they wake up, they go and play around the room and wake me up (and I don't like it Big Grin). SO the cats stay in the living room, on the couch. Poor cats Big Grin

I don't really mind sharing my bed with my cats at night. The usual arrangement is I sleep on the bed and the cats sleep on me.
05-30-2013, 12:44 AM,
ReneLeBeau Offline

Threads: 1
I let my cats sleep in my bed when they want. Smile It's an adorable idea for me, but I usually don't get much sleep when they do. I don't move around a lot in my sleep, but I'm always afraid I will when they're there. It's worse if they lie on top of me, I feel like I'm in a very comfortable position until one of them climbs on top and then I instantly feel like moving. My older cat used to sleep at my feet every night, and I was always scared that I would push her. She would stretch higher and higher on the bed, and in the morning I would be curled up in the fetal position. Now she likes to sleep over my head, I'm really happy with her choice. My younger cat picks his sleeping place randomly.
05-30-2013, 03:56 AM,
maelstrom Offline

Threads: 5
Yeah, I do let my cat (who we call the very original "kitty") in my bed. She used to do it a lot-she would push the door open, mew once, and come in. I would respond by calling her name several times in succession ("kittykittykittykittykittykitty") while scratching. Then she would jump up, mew once more, and sit there. It was pretty funny, actually. She always lays JUST outside of comfortable reach. Lately, however, she's been VERY fond of sleeping on my sister. Not with. On. It becomes better when she kneads first.

to answer your question on crushing, I doubt the cat would be in much danger. Unless you're a very big person who rolls around a lot, the cat should be able to not only free themselves before they're pinned, but also let you know in a very painful "fun" way that you're "attacking" them.
06-04-2013, 12:27 PM,
Babble64 Offline

Threads: 3
I'd have a challenge keeping our cat OFF the bed at night. Even if I shut the door to the room she'd sit outside it and paw at the door, or squawk to be let it. She's an attention hog and not subtle about it. She tends to sleep right on or very close to my hubby or me, but we've never had a problem with hurting her in our sleep. About the biggest issue is losing bed space to a creature a fraction of my size and....this part is lovely....being SNEEZED on, in my face, in my sleep. I love her, but that's kind of gross! LOL
08-01-2013, 10:53 PM,
Athenagdlyt Offline

Threads: 0
We let our cats sleep on our bed, too. When we're already tucked in bed while watching the TV, here they come slowly climbing their way up the mattress and lie near our feet and leg area. On some nights they don't sleep with us. During the rainy season, they most often do. It feels so nice having a warm and soft companion by your side especially on cold nights.

We just keep the bedroom door slightly open to let them know they're welcome to sleep with us.
08-02-2013, 04:30 PM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
I don't have any cats anymore, but when I did have a cat or cats, they usually wanted to sleep on the bed, and I don't ever remember rolling on a cat, so I am sure that they were able to move out of the way.
The favorite place for the cat to sleep seemed to be around my neck, or close to my face somewhere, and purring.
I miss the sound of a kitty happily purring on top of my ear at nite, but I don't miss having to clean the litter box every day, so just having the little dogs seems to work out better for me now.
08-03-2013, 01:02 AM,
Tribie Offline

I sometimes let my cat stay on top of my bed but I shoo it away when I want to sleep. I make sure to "fluff" the bed as soon as it leaves making sure that everything is "clean". Cats shed hair and I wouldn't want to be filled with it. Even as a kid, I have never let the any of my cats sleep beside me. I love my cat very much but aside from having to deal with the hair, I wouldn't want to have any problems with fleas. Since I keep my cat clean, she probably doesn't even have fleas but I can never be so sure because I do see her scratch herself every now and then. When I was a child, a new cat from the neighbor had so many fleas that I became really itchy all over after playing with it. If it weren't for that experience it would probably be fine with me to let my cats sleep with me on my bed.
08-06-2013, 02:09 AM,
Athenagdlyt Offline

We let our cats sleep with us in bed whenever they want. My wife and I find their heat comforting. They also sleep on our leg and feet area. The most adorable thing is when all of them sleep beside someone who is not feeling well. I was under the weather lately and my favorite cat, Beh, slept with me all three nights when I was sick. They kinda absorb the stress somehow.
08-12-2013, 02:30 AM,
april222 Offline

I have one cat that sleeps in my bed, he sleeps along my side stretched out beside my ribs and therefore isn't bothersome to me. As for my other two cats they tend to sleep wherever they find fit, though I have on occasion found them napping on my bed during the day. Rusty is my cat that sleeps in the bed at night, he is so certain that he belongs there that anytime we are up later than usual he will start running back and forth to us and the bed meowing hysterically until at least one of us climbs into the bed.
08-13-2013, 10:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2013, 10:46 AM by NickIceland.)
NickIceland Offline

We let our cat sleep with us. He's family, but man he is one heck of a bed hog. Also he's incredibly jealous of my wife. He's always been a little more attached to me, although he's warmed up to her a lot more lately. Still when it comes down to it, if I'm in bed before her he'll do things like sleep on her pillow and try to usurp her spot in the bed. It's very very cute.

One thing I've noticed that I'll broach rather carefully is that he tends to get upset if he's kept out of the room for any reason while we're in there. Obviously there's certain times as a couple where you need privacy, and he will sit outside the door sometimes and just meow obnoxiously. It's a little weird to be honest. Cats are strange creatures.
08-13-2013, 04:00 PM,
Meltheplux Offline
Registered

My cat has been sleeping in my bed since he was a baby, I adopted him at 2 months old. He actually was sleeping on my chest when he was little, but of course that would be impossible now that he's 18 pounds! He's a big boy Smile My cat will always be allowed to sleep wherever he wants. He usually stays at the foot of the bed, but he comes closer to me about 2 or 3 times a night to say "hi!". He licks my nose to wake me up and starts purring and licking my hands so that I pet him for a little bit. He's very spoiled!
08-25-2013, 04:38 AM,
ohiotom76 Offline

After years of sleeping with three dogs in my bed, cats are nothing. Actually our cats don't like sleeping in the bed with us. They will sleep on the bed when we aren't in it though. I think all the tossing and turning we do drives them nuts, since they are really picky about being disturbed.

What really drives me nuts are when my cats go under my bed. It takes forever to get them out, and I can't lay on the bed because I'm worried it might crush them or something.
09-01-2013, 05:14 AM,
deyvion Offline

According to my cat it is not my bed - it is hers. So yes, I let her sleep in my bed. However, she always sleeps in the MIDDLE of the bed and she gets very cranky if you wake her up to move her, so if I want to have a good night's sleep, sometimes I have to sleep around her.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How often should cats be fed? brianapaige619 13 5,258 06-25-2022, 08:25 AM
Last Post: jamesformtter55
  Raw Feeding Cats helaofthenorns 8 4,151 05-31-2022, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Gibbto
Photo My husband hates cats???? Meowmie 9 9,929 02-19-2021, 08:47 PM
Last Post: HemmyngsKylee
  Any Experience With Mouse Catching Cats? HillCritters 9 4,381 02-19-2021, 05:36 PM
  Cats in Cars Novelangel 12 5,543 02-19-2021, 05:34 PM
  How Many Cats Have You Ever Had At One Time? KittyReeves 21 10,019 02-19-2021, 05:31 PM
  Boiled fish for cats helaofthenorns 2 3,157 02-19-2021, 05:29 PM
  Cats Who Watch TV Novelangel 6 3,716 02-19-2021, 05:28 PM
  Does your cat sleep in bed with you? niightwind 15 10,487 02-19-2021, 05:24 PM
  Cats and Relaxing Sounds Novelangel 6 4,063 10-10-2016, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Loro
  Leash Cats: Doable? Bloomsie 14 6,096 08-24-2016, 06:04 AM
Last Post: rz3300
  How music affects cats Happyflowerlady 12 6,630 08-24-2016, 05:05 AM
Last Post: rz3300
  Some cats are stressed by being petted. Happyflowerlady 16 7,937 05-28-2016, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Novelangel
  De-clawing Cats nailah783 6 4,694 05-27-2016, 01:08 PM
Last Post: CatCuddler57
  Adopting two cats? mabatbai 6 5,071 04-18-2016, 02:09 AM
Last Post: remnant