Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axolotl
01-21-2018, 12:28 PM,
GreenAmy Offline

Threads: 6
Axolotl
Hello All,

I'm wondering if anyone keeps axolotls?  If so share your experiences with them. Are they interesting to watch if you only have one or do you need to have a pair or community?  What type of habitat do they prefer?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2018, 01:39 PM,
Basiliscus Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
RE: Axolotl
It is much easier to own one, not a pair or community. A ten gallon tank is an acceptable size to house an adult, but a 20 gallon is better. Make sure the tank has a lid, Axolotls have been known to jump out of their tank. They do not require any lighting and love hiding spots. It is very entertaining to watch them maneuver around. Their diet consists of nightcrawlers (large worms) and frozen bloodworm cubes. A good substrate for axolotls is aquarium-safe sand. Axolotls have a habit of ingesting aquarium gravel and mouth-sized objects if they are available. This can lead to gut impactions and even death. They usually last 10-20 years.
04-02-2021, 06:35 AM,
Alanhey Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
RE: Axolotl
Guys, what's an axolotl? I am not so experienced with the exotic pets world, so sorry for my questions. But I was navigating through this forum, and was too curious to not ask this question. Is it a kind of fish, because if it is, according to the size of the tank it's pretty big. So what's the point of keeping such a big fish in your house as a pet? In case someone is interested to discuss with me, please feel free to text me. I am waiting for your message. Hope everyone is having a good day.