LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeus, The Giant Green Iguana
11-12-2015, 07:25 AM,
legeipslt Offline

Threads: 1
Zeus, The Giant Green Iguana
Prior to moving to where I live now in my own home, I lived in an apartment building that didn't allow dogs. No problem! Over time I acquired a mini zoo. I had two 55 gallon fresh water aquarium tanks, two cockatiels, one African Gray parrot, two cats, and a forest hingeback tortoise. I wanted an iguana. I bought Zeus, a giant green Iguana when he was still an egg from a pet store. After he was born, I brought him home when he was 12 inches long.

He grew into a magnificent reptile that was six feet from his head to his tip of tail.

I built an iguana condo for him, made out of expensive lumber and glass sides and sliding glass doors. He had shelves for lounging, proper heat and lighting (very important in capitivity), artificial grass, live plants, and other things iguanas love and need to have.

At night he would lay on one of the shelves and I'd tuck him in for sleep with his towel to help keep him warm. During the day he followed me around my apartment from room to room. He enjoyed sun bathing on the window sill in my living room looking out onto the street from the bay window.

The neighborhood kids often came by to visit with him. He loved attention and was very entertaining. He followed me around the apartment and would eat his veggies and fruits out of my hand.

A local mom and pop grocery store saved their day old veggies and fruits for me to give to Zeus. After he ate, I put him in the bathtub with a little bit of warm water, and he would do his business. All neat and tidy!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pictorial progression on the life of a green tree python. Fishbone 12 8,942 02-26-2014, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Thor
  My iguana MrBojangles7331 9 3,253 08-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Last Post: MrBojangles7331
Big Grin Nova,, another green tree python Fishbone 4 4,452 06-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Last Post: Fishbone
  Eos - my green tree pythons Fishbone 23 10,938 06-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Fishbone