LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borax for Mange
08-17-2012, 01:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-17-2012, 01:57 PM by haopee.)
haopee Offline

Threads: 91
Borax for Mange
Has anybody heard of the pet home remedy for mange made out of Borax and Hydrogen Peroxide?

A couple of years ago, Buchi had a nasty case of mange. We did not know else to do as the veterinarian told us that we could only help him by bathing him every day in Sulfur soap since he was only a puppy back then. I was glad to find a second opinion from the vet we currently have who gave us Bayer Advantage for puppies.

We tried using the Borax and Hydrogen Peroxide mix but only once so we weren't sure if it had been effective.

Has anybody tried this? Moreover, what home remedies have you tried?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2012, 11:25 AM,
Evilsprinkles Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Borax for Mange
I have heard that mange can be attributed to heat, and I've also heard that rock sulphur added to your dog's water, can help with overheating and the resulting heat skin conditions. I am still trying to find the 'science' behind that, but I've not found anything yet.
08-22-2012, 05:10 PM,
haopee Offline

Threads: 91
RE: Borax for Mange
(08-18-2012, 11:25 AM)Evilsprinkles Wrote: I have heard that mange can be attributed to heat, and I've also heard that rock sulphur added to your dog's water, can help with overheating and the resulting heat skin conditions. I am still trying to find the 'science' behind that, but I've not found anything yet.

I've heard that Borax can make the skin dryer like sulfur soap. So maybe that's why mange cannot survive on the dog's skin. I think that's the relation between rock sulphur and Borax. They can make the dog's skin unlivable reason why parasites rarely survive.

Mange usually attacks sick dogs and dogs with weak immune systems. So keeping a dog healthy can actually help in greatly reducing his proneness to mange.