LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adventures of Scar...
07-11-2012, 12:11 AM,
pugskjj Offline

Threads: 19
Adventures of Scar...
Ok, so I have an iguana that I rescued and named Scar (you'll see why soon) and he is the most independent, funny, sociable iguana I have ever had...and to top it all off he is handicap, much like me, so we bonded right away. He doesn't let his handicap get him down though and he will have plenty of adventures to share! What is his handicap? Well when I got him he wasn't using his right front foot, it was just kind of flopping while he walked on his "wrist". Additionally, poor Scar had already suffered the loss of his left front foot to amputation (the owner I rescued from didn't remember why..Huh). After some love and calcium he is once again using his right foot. And as I said he doesn't let it stop him...

He has his "own" (shared with a beardie) room that is blocked off with a gate. He stays in there with no problems...for the most part...every once in awhile he will come wandering into the living room like he owns it. So one day, the three dogs and I decided to nap...apparently Scar felt left out and my 3 wonderful guard dogs Help never noticed, because when I woke up I had Scar's face in mine and he was sound asleep.

Stay tuned because I am sure he will have more to share! Popcorn
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 02:02 AM,
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
RE: Adventures of Scar...
Awe, that's sweet. Sounds like he has a bit of MBD. If you get his diet right and get him some UVB he should be fine Smile I'm glad he has a loving home now though. :p
07-12-2012, 12:49 AM,
pugskjj Offline

He is amazingly calm for everything he has been through, he doesn't even shy away or go after the dogs. He does whip his tail if they get too rambunctious but other than that no issues. I have never had an iguana before because I was told they were so vicious, I am glad I decided to bring him into our home, he has taught me so much about survival.
07-12-2012, 02:35 PM,
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
Iguanas aren't naturally vicious in my opinion. They can be very friendly and sociable. But, many people get one, and get bored with it, over the novelty of it, tired of taking care of it, or it gets to big, etc... And them don't handle them or interact with them. Then they turn, kinda like the movie gremlins. If you constantly interact with him, chances are pretty good he will stay a very social, and good, pet.
07-15-2012, 09:13 AM,
pugskjj Offline

So I don't know if this is a Scare adventure or a Kotton adventure but it is definitely a cute story. I couldn't find Kotton anywhere and just by chance checked Scar's room (yes he has his own room lol) and now mind you our dogs always bark and make a fuss when he comes into the living room or bedroom...and guess who was in there??? Kotton is SMALLER than him lol (she is a chihuahua for those who haven't seen her picture) and they were just sitting there together looking at me with the "What?" look. I reach down to get Kotton and for the first time ever I get tail whipped Dodgy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Outdoor Adventures with Dragons ArmyOfDreams 7 3,006 06-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Ram